Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Updates on Modern hunter Rifle March 18 2015

Cant wait for the first guy mag dumping norc ammo from the hip with an NC star laser to come here raging about how it wasnt 0.25moa accurate.

Just ordered mine for production run #3! I would like to thank all the staff at ATRS for this amazing new product.

As for the delays, i MUCH prefer delays and having a top notch rifle than having a botched rifle in the time frame.

JP

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    Whats the current give or take time frame for batches 2 & 3. I didn't realize 2 was already full...
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

I was told January 2016 for batch #3

Lame. Not gonna lie. This production seems a little slow. I think Rick should consider more shop space, machines, and machinists. Once the first batch is delivered, there is a lead time of 9 months!? At that rate the number of orders that will be placed with ATRS after batch one being in the wild for 2-3 months will put lead times up to 3 years or better is my guess.

Im not hating, and I get the idea 10 men (or how ever many work there) can only do so much, but then hire more men! Its a huge shame to have this NR FRT and not be able to capitalize on it while its here, there is no registry, and the CPC are here... for now.

I want to order, but if our laws or regs change for the woarse, I won't want it anymore and it will be a bad investment.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    By my understanding when I visited, they've already got a fairly substantial number of machines for a smaller shop, which is already a huge financial undertaking. When you consider a decent mill and the salary for an operator is easily north of a quarter of a million dollars, it's not always as simple as cutting a cheque.

Quote Originally Posted by onetwentyish View Post
    Lame. Not gonna lie. This production seems a little slow. I think Rick should consider more shop space, machines, and machinists. Once the first batch is delivered, there is a lead time of 9 months!? At that rate the number of orders that will be placed with ATRS after batch one being in the wild for 2-3 months will put lead times up to 3 years or better is my guess.

Im not hating, and I get the idea 10 men (or how ever many work there) can only do so much, but then hire more men! Its a huge shame to have this NR FRT and not be able to capitalize on it while its here, there is no registry, and the CPC are here... for now.

I want to order, but if our laws or regs change for the woarse, I won't want it anymore and it will be a bad investment.
    Then you should have gotten in on the first run!

Business Member Rep. ATRS Shaun's Avatar

There are some risks associated with your suggestion, namely quality... Expanding too fast can be reckless. We are always reviewing our processes and procedures, but to maintain the quality that we've built our name upon we are keeping these in batches of approximately 100.

The 2nd production run is still on course for June/July delivery dates.

The 3rd production run is expected for December/January delivery.

Quote Originally Posted by 6MT View Post
    Then you should have gotten in on the first run!
    Funds were not there, interest was minimal, and I had yet to see one for myself. I was planning on consualting Rick at the Easter show about the build, and options, as this is all new to me. Now I am skeptical if I will even bother. Might just be quiker for one to turn up on the ee, or if I wait longer than 3 months to place an order, it might be quiker to get an Desert Tech MDR.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

Funds were not there, interest was minimal, and I had yet to see one for myself. I was planning on consualting Rick at the Easter show about the build, and options, as this is all new to me. Now I am skeptical if I will even bother. Might just be quiker for one to turn up on the ee, or if I wait longer than 3 months to place an order, it might be quiker to get an Desert Tech MDR.
    If the oil industry doesn't recover by Christmas, you might very well run across 1 or 2 of these first-run MH's on the EE at that time! I would hang on to my money & do the wait & see thing; you never know...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast