Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Updates on Modern hunter Rifle March 18 2015

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar

Updates on Modern hunter Rifle March 18 2015

When we first embarked on this project we anticipated a February to March timeframe for deliveries to start happening.
    This has been the largest undertaking we have ever started and unfortunately underestimated the massive undertaking it has turned out to be and did not add in quite enough "what if factor".

And things have happened beyond our control that has set us back in what we were pretty confident we could get rifles out inside of by a little.

With the RCMP taking several weeks longer on the approval of the production rifles, and the company we use to do the heat treating and nitriding have had unforeseen issues which is delaying in getting the charge handle parts back creating a delay in assembly.
    We had CBSA hang onto some of the imported items such as hand guards for 2 weeks in order to determine that they were no threat to Canadian security.
    Proof has been taking a little longer than normal to get barrels to us in the quantities we have placed with them, but they are coming in in smaller than asked for numbers. All of this has delayed us in meeting our hopeful date of completion.

Anyway to cut to the chase here, we ARE running a bit beyond what we suggested would be delivery times by currently 2 to 3 weeks for which we apologize for, but there is absolutely nothing we can do about this fact. They will start to ship out in the next few weeks in the order that they were placed in (assuming the outsourced furniture is here, most of it is) and that the barrel spec'ed is in.

Having to answer multiple emails and phone calls takes us time to respond to, abusive and threatening correspondence, and yes we have received some, takes much longer as they typically consist of multiple calls or emails. This is time that could be better spent making parts for runs 2 and 3. We are a small shop where everyone multitasks so the guys answering calls and emails are the same guys making parts and assembling rifles.

Please rest assured the moment your rifle is completed we WILL be in contact with you. We want your money as badly as you want your rifle. but will not be releasing any rifles until we are satisfied with them.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

Thanks Rick. Patience is my middle name!

;-)

Just gives me time to think and place an order, I like pleasant out of the blue phone calls saying my order is ready.

A great way to deal with those " abusive and threatening correspondence" is to cancel their orders - you have plenty of people waiting in line to get their hands on a Modern Hunter

I'd cancel the order of anyone who is being a prick. The whole community appreciates your effort in this undertaking.

CGN Regular

Talking

No worries on my end. Could you give a rough estimate on how long it will take to get the first 75 out once you start shipping.

How many you produce a week?

Not in a rush just curious on what to expect.

Business Member Rep. ATRS Shaun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by swbw2000 View Post
    No worries on my end. Could you give a rough estimate on how long it will take to get the first 75 out once you start shipping.

How many you produce a week?

Not in a rush just curious on what to expect.
    Hard to answer that one short of just saying, as soon as possible. We will not rush them out the door, and risk of having any quality control issues. However, we definitely want to get these moving!

CGN frequent flyer
    The undertaking that you are taking on for the Canadian firearms community is nothing short of amazing. The fact that some a**hat would send you "abusive and threatening correspondence" for this minor delay is shameful.

Rock on ATRS...rock on!

Thanks,
    Cal.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer H Wally's Avatar
    Jeez... what kind of up tight arsehole gets bent out of shape over a few weeks delay? Hopefully they're reading this thread and seeing that they are definitely wrong in being entitled absusive dicks.

My only complaint is that I want to start seeing these at the range so I can try one out!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lagerstatten View Post
    A great way to deal with those " abusive and threatening correspondence" is to cancel their orders - you have plenty of people waiting in line to get their hands on a Modern Hunter
    Let's see, now. You are producing the finest, most up to date hunting rifle available anywhere in the world and some people are upset because the project is running a month or two late?

Be fair to the fools -- give them one warning before canceling their orders. Nobody here is going to blame you.
    Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.
    - Seneca the Younger

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast