Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Updates on Modern hunter Rifle March 18 2015

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    Okay guys. Snow is melting here and I am over my pity party. Easter show is coming up an I am stoked!
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

Quote Originally Posted by ATRS Shaun View Post
    That's entirely possible. However, I doubt you'll find one for much of a bargain though. That whole low supply and high demand thing tends to go crazy on the EE sometimes.
    Absolutely; my comment was based strictly on a suggestion to the poster in regards to availability of a MH rifle in any respect in lieu of him not getting his name in. I can't see any of these rifles reducing in value for many years!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I just ordered a 375 hunting rifle. I might get it by the fall.... Why are people whining about there being significant lead time and upfront cost to a "semi-custom" NR 308 semi that everyone expects to shoot under 1 MOA? The production runs are sold out because customers WANT THE PRODUCT. If I had the money I would be on the phone to Rick today.
    Semper Fi

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post
    Proof has been taking a little longer than normal to get barrels to us in the quantities we have placed with them
    Just out of curiosity, what's the deal with proofing new manufactured firearms in Canada? We don't have anything like a national proof house, do we, so it must be commercial firms?

Interesting, never had occasion to think about it before, but what do you do when you want to proof a new made in Canada firearm?

Proof is the name of the company producing the carbon fiber wrapped barrels.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer hawk-i's Avatar
    ATRS needs to start making their own barrels...seeing that they have the expertise to make quality firearms, I sure they could make quality match grade barrels too!!! The more Canadian it is, the better.

Business Member Rep. ATRS Shaun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hawk-i View Post
    ATRS needs to start making their own barrels...seeing that they have the expertise to make quality firearms, I sure they could make quality match grade barrels too!!! The more Canadian it is, the better.
    Three problems. Time, Money and Space. The idea has been tossed around, but I can't see it happening in the foreseeable future.

down the line, will you be making a varmint version in .223 that takes AR15 mags?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Pikester View Post
    If the oil industry doesn't recover by Christmas, you might very well run across 1 or 2 of these first-run MH's on the EE at that time! I would hang on to my money & do the wait & see thing; you never know...
    I can see the EE ad now...

Priced for quick sale, first run Modern Hunter, custom serial # MONEYBAGS, will consider trades for mortgage payment and gas.

Business Member Rep. ATRS Shaun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Donster 125 View Post
    down the line, will you be making a varmint version in .223 that takes AR15 mags?
    That's the plan. It's in design right now, and we aim to have a prototype off to the RCMP later this year. Our past experience with the modern hunter took appx. 3 years for them to classify it, however we are told it should be faster with the Modern Varminter, as it's just a scaled down hunter... but it's hard to say what to expect for a time frame.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456