Thread: DA556A2B questions

DA556A2B questions

I have been looking at getting this and I just have some questions on it (DA556A2B https://www.canadaammo.com/product/detail/dominion-arms-da556-m16-style-rifle-variation).

1) The caliber is 5.56mm an not .223 right? Reason why I ask is because under the description on the left, it says the calibre is 5.56 but on the right under specifications it say .223

2) Can I also get an ambidextrous setup for the safety and mag release (I don't care about the charging handle)? If so, how much more would that cost?

thanks in advance,
    Jamie

5.56 and .223 are basically the same. You can shoot 223 in a 5.56 chamber but you "shouldn't" shoot 5.56 in a 223 chamber

Red face

Yep, that's what I understand. That's why I want to make sure I am getting 5.56, not 223. its just the site has contradictory info and before I order I want to be 100% sure on what it is I am ordering because if I order the wrong thing, it might be really hard to send it back

I have a DA556 M4 style, it is chambered for 556 and is stamped as such.

Thanks.

Also the DA 5:56 comes with ambi safety and mag release. very nice to have

awesome. even better. Thanks

CGN Ultra frequent flyer condomboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by convergys2 View Post
    I have been looking at getting this and I just have some questions on it (DA556A2B https://www.canadaammo.com/product/d...ifle-variation).

1) The caliber is 5.56mm an not .223 right? Reason why I ask is because under the description on the left, it says the calibre is 5.56 but on the right under specifications it say .223

2) Can I also get an ambidextrous setup for the safety and mag release (I don't care about the charging handle)? If so, how much more would that cost?

thanks in advance,
    Jamie
    well the model is DA556 and not DA223 so it would be a Dominion Arms in 5.56
    If you know how many guns you have... you don't have enough

Yea I was thinking the same but its better to ask then to get something I really didn't want. I would have found it hard to return it over a small issue like that. I just want the flexibility is all.