Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Joining a club around the GTA

Quote Originally Posted by satrap View Post
    i ended up using crown land but since i called most of the range ( i live in toronto) some of them didn't even call me back, other have waiting list for 3-4 years, the only that that i know will take new members is silver dale
    How far do you drive for crown land? It all seems far away on the map.

CGN frequent flyer
    And today I met this nice couple who let me shoot their GP100(.357 magnum) and 629(44 magnum). they rocked!

Quote Originally Posted by luckey View Post
    Got my RPAL last Nov and became member @ Grange/Target in Dec. To my surprise, even though the range doesn't look big and half of them closed right now due to renovation, I have never had to wait in line so far and I only can go shoot on weekends.
    Every time in and out for 1 or 2 hours depending on how much ammo I brought with me. It has been a very pleasure experience. The guys there are doing a fantastic job in getting things well organized. Otherwise, with all the constructions and walk-in shooters, it's going to be a mess for sure.

One thing I don't like is when there is a big shotgun right beside me, either with a member or with the dropins. Man, they should be banned in the indoor range, just so freaking loud! Really wish the government would allow silencers, at least for indoor ranges.
    CSSA Life Member

CGN frequent flyer
    And while I know sooting in crown land is ok for non-restricted, the ATT requirement for the restricted makes it impossible to do this with all the handguns and/or ARs.

Quote Originally Posted by HussarPL View Post
    CSSA Life Member

I'm a member of three ranges, HAHA, Galt and Silverdale. All of them have their pluses and minuses. This is only my opinion and I'm sure the good people of CGN might have different opinions:

1- Galt ($$$$): The nicest of the three yet you pay for it , lots of activities , safety is number one priority for them. The handgun section is amazing with indoor and outdoor, trap/skeet/sprinting clay/5 stand are next to none by far. You can't shoot steelcase ammo, rifle section have a waiting list of a year to members but you can always shoot rifle at the handgun section. You will have to be voted in for both handgun and rifle section. Most important... real toilets! Average members age 30~40+

2- HAHA($$$): Good club, it's more of a hunters club (but not exclusively of course), good trap/skeet range. Just like Galt they have a nice pond for fishing (kids love it), smaller rifle and gun range. Average members age 40~50+

3- Silverdale($$): The no-frills club, you can shoot steelcase ammo, lots and lots of ranges, the ROS can be very nice or from hell depending on the day, the use of foul language is not uncommon (I have no problems with that), cost effective. Two trap range only (basic), Archery range is an afterthought, sometimes it's busy specially during summer weekends. Average members age 20~30+

It really all depends on what you are looking for in a range, Galt by nature have lots of socialization, Silverdale is cost effective and have more ranges, HAHA is somewhere in the middle.

If you are considering silverdale or HAHa, look at BGC. Barrie gun club. It's 45 min drive from North York and has shotgun fields, indoor pistol range and 8 outdoor ranges. For most part people are very nice and extremely helpful. I have been a member for 3 years, and have no regrets.

If you are handgun only type of guy, check put aurora TC. Also very nice crowd.

Correction on last post

Check out aurora GC .

CGN Ultra frequent flyer new and novice's Avatar
    Have you considered Sharon Gun Club? You have to buy a share in it. I heard they sell for 3k.
    Twitter: @reason911

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by aogun View Post
    If you are considering silverdale or HAHa, look at BGC. Barrie gun club. It's 45 min drive from North York and has shotgun fields, indoor pistol range and 8 outdoor ranges. For most part people are very nice and extremely helpful. I have been a member for 3 years, and have no regrets.

If you are handgun only type of guy, check put aurora TC. Also very nice crowd.
    Last i checked both aurora and barrie are currently full and not accepting new members.

BANNED
    Toronto, Capital of the workers paradise!
    You might also check out Urban Tactical in Brantford. it is a new, state of the art indoor range. About 1hr west of Toronto.

Quote Originally Posted by HussarPL View Post
    1h 45m same for silver dale

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast