Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Joining a club around the GTA

CGN Ultra frequent flyer PitBull1973's Avatar
    Don't bother with Barrie , they are not taking in any new membership this year
    http://oneclearvoice.ca/

Quote Originally Posted by Protege View Post
    Last i checked both aurora and barrie are currently full and not accepting new members.
    I am now a member in both and they are accepting members. There may be a wait list, but they are expending. I just became a proby member at aurora after a 3 month wait.

Not correct on Barrie there is a waiting list attend the club on Mon or Tues evenings and put your name on the list my understanding a sponser will help, couples and families get in quicker too.

Uxbridge Shooting Sports Club in Uxbridge - East of Markham.
    Good for all sorts of SHOTGUN sports.
    Highly recommend and NO WAITING LIST.
    Come visit Wednesday or Sunday from 10 till sunset.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by ontheedgeman View Post
    Hi Gunnutz, I'm looking for a nice shooting club to join in and around the GTA. Seems like everywhere I look the clubs are getting shut down so I'm not sure what is active and what is not.

The easiest place to join seems to be the Grange, but it seems very public and anyone can drop in. I was hoping for something a bit more reclusive and intimate, although I would like the benefits of courses, trainers, etc.

So anyone live in the GTA and who would like to share ideas on where to join? Invite me to your club? I'm a good guy, honest... a lawyer, married, kids, mortgage... you know all the regular fixings of a simple joe. PM me or let me know your club.

I would say to put in your name for the Barrie club. It's an excellent facility, well run.

While you are waiting, a year at the Grange is not a big deal.

I assume you are talking about handguns. If you want shotgun only, Hamilton Gun Club is a nice place.

By the way, which clubs are being "shut down"? I know many are full, but shut down??
    CSSA CCFR CPC

Guelph is currently taking new members as well. You have to go on the their site and apply. I was invited to the safety course on April 11th... so excited
    NFA & CSSA Member

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123