Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Joining a club around the GTA

CGN Regular

Joining a club around the GTA

Hi Gunnutz, I'm looking for a nice shooting club to join in and around the GTA. Seems like everywhere I look the clubs are getting shut down so I'm not sure what is active and what is not.

The easiest place to join seems to be the Grange, but it seems very public and anyone can drop in. I was hoping for something a bit more reclusive and intimate, although I would like the benefits of courses, trainers, etc.

So anyone live in the GTA and who would like to share ideas on where to join? Invite me to your club? I'm a good guy, honest... a lawyer, married, kids, mortgage... you know all the regular fixings of a simple joe. PM me or let me know your club.

If money is not the issue, then Target Sports up in Gormley ($600 for membership).

I've received my RPAL this month, and I'm contemplating about the Silverdale Gun Club. My problem is that I don't drive. I need to find a group willing to car pool.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by fow1 View Post
    If money is not the issue, then Target Sports up in Gormley ($600 for membership).
    I believe that is the Grange...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by ontheedgeman View Post
    Yeah, the Grange uses a range at Target Sports.
    Member: CSSA

What am I thinking........? If I wanted you to know, I'd be talking!

i ended up using crown land but since i called most of the range ( i live in toronto) some of them didn't even call me back, other have waiting list for 3-4 years, the only that that i know will take new members is silver dale

Try lower trent valley fish and game club, price and facilities make it worth the drive.

Uber Super GunNutz
    Silverdale is a great option. If anyone needs a ride I'm up for car pooling when I'm going!

www.grangesports.org

I just did my Club Level Safety Course last week, and I'm doing the first of the three probationary shoots next week. They have completed installing the new backstops, and will be beginning work on the air conditioning and air purification systems next. There will be construction going on for the next couple of months, so lane availability may be restricted. When it is all done, you'll be able to shoot up to 308

CGN frequent flyer
    Got my RPAL last Nov and became member @ Grange/Target in Dec. To my surprise, even though the range doesn't look big and half of them closed right now due to renovation, I have never had to wait in line so far and I only can go shoot on weekends.
    Every time in and out for 1 or 2 hours depending on how much ammo I brought with me. It has been a very pleasure experience. The guys there are doing a fantastic job in getting things well organized. Otherwise, with all the constructions and walk-in shooters, it's going to be a mess for sure.

One thing I don't like is when there is a big shotgun right beside me, either with a member or with the dropins. Man, they should be banned in the indoor range, just so freaking loud! Really wish the government would allow silencers, at least for indoor ranges.

Hi Gunnutz, I'm looking for a nice shooting club to join in and around the GTA. Seems like everywhere I look the clubs are getting shut down so I'm not sure what is active and what is not.

The easiest place to join seems to be the Grange, but it seems very public and anyone can drop in. I was hoping for something a bit more reclusive and intimate, although I would like the benefits of courses, trainers, etc.

So anyone live in the GTA and who would like to share ideas on where to join? Invite me to your club? I'm a good guy, honest... a lawyer, married, kids, mortgage... you know all the regular fixings of a simple joe. PM me or let me know your club.
    CSSA Life Member

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast