Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Some new stuff from NCSTAR

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    John number 1 has said it before, not sure why he didn't just say it again, but I will add....... Lifetime warranty on NC Star and backed by Marstar's no BS warranty how can you go wrong?

Well I guess you could by an NC star product from a small retailer who won't help if the unit craps out..... but Marstar's good to deal with, just keep your receipt!

John are you guys still doing product demo reviews with the young tatoo guy? It would be nice to see some video on some of this stuff if possible.

Cheers.

I notice it says micro green dot and the actual laser is red. This confused me at first because my mind assumed green laser, red dot.
    Will green lasers be an option on the micro style with a red dot?

My eyes prefer red dot's over green and green lasers over red.

Can't see any information on battery type either.
    Last edited by Can-down; 03-19-2015 at 02:43 PM.
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

Expired Business
    Quote Originally Posted by Can-down View Post
    John number 1 has said it before, not sure why he didn't just say it again, but I will add....... Lifetime warranty on NC Star and backed by Marstar's no BS warranty how can you go wrong?

Well I guess you could by an NC star product from a small retailer who won't help if the unit craps out..... but Marstar's good to deal with, just keep your receipt!

John are you guys still doing product demo reviews with the young tatoo guy? It would be nice to see some video on some of this stuff if possible.

Cheers.

I notice it says micro green dot and the actual laser is red. This confused me at first because my mind assumed green laser, red dot.
    Will green lasers be an option on the micro style with a red dot?

My eyes prefer red dot's over green and green lasers over red.

Can't see any information on battery type either.
    I will try and get a video review up next week

The micro green dot has a green dot but also has a red laser on the top. Sadly we do not have any with a red dot and green laser, sorry.

The Eco scope and Dbal clone take CR123 batteries, the micro green dot takes the CR2032

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Expendable Nate's Avatar
    looking forward to hearing consumer reviews
    Buyer pays shipping and insurance. Be specific about what you want.

CSSA
    IPSC

Quote Originally Posted by El_Monty457 View Post
    Also, I forgot to ask in my previous post:
    For the ECO scope, it says "New Glass Etched Urban Tactical Reticle (Blue illuminated) for Quick Target Acquisition".
    So, is one to assume it has a crosshair etched in it, a blue illuminated crosshair?

Would it be possible to get a pic of the reticle posted up here? I'd like to know what style of reticle it is. Is it cailbrated for 5.56 or anything else? What units are the graduations on it in? I know it's a cheap as dirt scope, and no Elcan, but still would like to know some details like that.

My posted link shows the reticle.

Interested to see video.
    If at first you don't succeed ................... sky diving is not for you.

Expired Business
    Reticle for the ECO scope

John2 Looks like there is some video out there already...... Eco starts around 1min 40seconds.
    Do you know if there are any issues running rechargeable CR123's with these?
    [youtube]MGAhUPy0ynA[/youtube]

question about the Micro Green Dot sight. Can the laser be turned on and off separate from the green dot? I'm looking for something economical to put on my deer/turkey shotty but if the laser is on whenever the sight is on then this isn't the item for me (for obvious reasons!).

Thanks!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Daver_II's Avatar
    That ECO optic looks interesting, But I am very leery of NCstar as a brand.

I know it lacks the lense coatings, and will likely fail, but it does look very cool.

it might be worth looking into for my T97.
    Last edited by Daver_II; 03-19-2015 at 04:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daver_II View Post
    That ECO optic looks interesting, But I am very leery of NCstar as a brand.

I know it lacks the lense coatings, and will likely fail, but it does look very cool.

it might be worth looking into for my T97.
    You should be Leery at that price.
    Still waiting for "official" confirmation but last I saw posted online a few years ago by Marstar is that NC Star has a lifetime warranty. At the time I was led to believe that anything goes wrong you are covered similar to say Vortex. Most optic companies won't lifetime the "electrical" parts but Vortex does and as far as I know NC Star.

Maybe John can confirm that?

The Eco does look pretty cool, The light seems a bit gimmicky I'd prefer no light and the laser centered and lower below the lens.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast