Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Some new stuff from NCSTAR

Quote Originally Posted by Redblack View Post
    Anybody recieved theirs yet? First thoughts/impressions?
    I'm thinking of putting one on my vz58
    I put in an order on Monday and its still Processing... So I can't help you there

Quote Originally Posted by Hhutch View Post
    I think if you pull apart most "Made in USA" or "Made in Canada" articles, you will quickly realize that even the most patriotic of vendors(read Harley Davidson, etc) are merely assembled in the declared country from mostly offshore parts. For the skeptics, google "value added method for determining country of origin." I will abridge it because it's very, very dry. A product is valued by a predetermined percentage of value. For this example lets say we decide that 51% value added determines where the product was made. We have $12 in chicom parts, assembled in a union shop in Milwaukee and it takes 1.5 hours to assemble at a shop rate of $45/hour. That product can be made of 100% chicom materials and still be declared "Made in the USA" because it took $60 in labour to assemble, placing the production value at $72, of which only $12 or roughly 12.6% of the value added was off shore. Similarily, you can take a fully assembled chicom product bought in bulk a $5/unit, put it in a $3 package, and charge $3 in labour to handle and package it and you have a 100% chicom product, packaged and labeled as "Made in the USA" Keeping this in mind, don't be shocked if you discover that some of your favourite north american made products have nothing american in them at all.
    Thank you for a great explanation!

Quote Originally Posted by El_Monty457 View Post
    OK, being a complete noob on the subject of lasers, for the Green Laser & 4 Color NAV LED, can anybody chime in and enlighten me/us on what exactly the 4-colour NAV lights are for, and how that works, in 3000 words or less? ;-D
    And also on the ECO scope, it only has 2-colour NAV lights, are those for the same purpose?

Like navigation in the dark lights, different colours to help your eyes in the dark, not as bright as white light, 4 choices

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    If your standing on the starboard side of the PT-boat you should be using the green light and red is for port side....
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

Can anyone place a photo of the ecos scopes mounted on a flat top type97? Not having seen one of these scopes in person, I have a really hard time in purchasing something I have never seen mounted. Cheers!

~ Tom

NcStar products are really interesting..

Can anyone confirm they really can hold zero on a .308 ?
    gunpowder for breakfast and Trudeau for the circus

Quote Originally Posted by vince514 View Post
    NcStar products are really interesting..

Can anyone confirm they really can hold zero on a .308 ?
    I read online a review where the author stated he put 500 rounds of .308 through a rifle with the laser/nav light unit on it. Said it never lost zero...
    I ordered one Thursday... hasn't shipped yet, but I will post my experience once it arrives..

Received my ECO, Nice unit didn't try it yet.

The only bad thing about it is that the elevation turret is hard to have acces once it's mounted. Quick tip if you intend to shoot at many distance and want to use the dial to adjust elevation on the go put a smal line of liquid paper on the dial at every 100M once you have it zeroed!
    FREE USP and FREE US FROM COLLUSION!

Quote Originally Posted by Spotagwan View Post
    Like navigation in the dark lights, different colours to help your eyes in the dark, not as bright as white light, 4 choices
    Got it. Thanks for the info. This adds to and clarifies an earlier explanation from another gent. Thanks all.

Quote Originally Posted by Can-down View Post
    If your standing on the starboard side of the PT-boat you should be using the green light and red is for port side....
    Arrrgh, just the thing fer navigatin' in yer camo rubber assault dinghy, or DUKW. Yar. Now I wants one says I.
    Har-har, har-dee, har-har.
    Cheers matey.

Quote Originally Posted by johntwo View Post
    Yes, the NCS-DDAB can be mounted on top of the ECO scope and the LAM unit

found here: https://www.marstar.ca/dynamic/produ...roductid=75779
    Guys I just received this and the echo model thank you. The red dot however is NOT the correct unit for the echo as it has a permanent picatinny attachment on it and cannot be mounted direct to the slot for the red dot as you cannot remove the rail section. I know NC star has a unit without the rail attachment that mounts direct to the slot for the red dot, but I thought this had both based on your comments that it fit