Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Some new stuff from NCSTAR

Are the Eco scopes mostly plastic or metal? They look nice.
    Life is not that complicated. You get up, you go to work, eat three meals, you take one good shlt and you go back to bed. What’s the fvcking mystery?! - George Carlin

If Marstar is backing up the product with thier traditional warranty then NCStar must have made some changes.

My last experience was about 5 years ago and involved a reflex sight that wouldn't hold zero and a low power scope that was opaque to look through.

I'm not a hater of ChiCom products, (I find it ironic when someone goes on about "made in China crap" and how righteously patriotic they are in thier purchases; all the while they are comunicating on a computer made (98% likely) in China).

Might have to give one of these new optics a try.

Hey John do you believe the eco scope will take the recoil from 7.62x39
    Retreat, hell we just got here

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by the_snowman1 View Post
    There's going to be more then a few returns if it can't handle mid level recoil.
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

CGN Regular
    Under a bridge where a troll used to live...
    I'm gonna buy the mini and put it on a 357 mag sw686. We'll find out it it works well after 3 shots. Wish me luck guys.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer #1bcshooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by surfclod View Post
    If Marstar is backing up the product with thier traditional warranty then NCStar must have made some changes.

My last experience was about 5 years ago and involved a reflex sight that wouldn't hold zero and a low power scope that was opaque to look through.

I'm not a hater of ChiCom products, (I find it ironic when someone goes on about "made in China crap" and how righteously patriotic they are in thier purchases; all the while they are comunicating on a computer made (98% likely) in China).
    So what stores are carrying computers made in North America with North American parts ?
    lol
    Sometimes you have choices sometimes you don't
    Pre-orders are horrible for everyone involved. They never go smooth. We will not be doing a pre-order to bankroll this project.

There's more to a product than where it was manufactured. Most products contain pays from all over the world. It may also be assembled in a separate country. Then there's the engineering and any royalties if it's a clone. Google where the money for iPhone is distributed.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer P0WERWAGON's Avatar
    LOL Royalties and China cannot be said in the same sentance

Expired Business
    Quote Originally Posted by the_snowman1 View Post
    Yes I'm confident they will hold up just fine

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by surfclod View Post

I think if you pull apart most "Made in USA" or "Made in Canada" articles, you will quickly realize that even the most patriotic of vendors(read Harley Davidson, etc) are merely assembled in the declared country from mostly offshore parts. For the skeptics, google "value added method for determining country of origin." I will abridge it because it's very, very dry. A product is valued by a predetermined percentage of value. For this example lets say we decide that 51% value added determines where the product was made. We have $12 in chicom parts, assembled in a union shop in Milwaukee and it takes 1.5 hours to assemble at a shop rate of $45/hour. That product can be made of 100% chicom materials and still be declared "Made in the USA" because it took $60 in labour to assemble, placing the production value at $72, of which only $12 or roughly 12.6% of the value added was off shore. Similarily, you can take a fully assembled chicom product bought in bulk a $5/unit, put it in a $3 package, and charge $3 in labour to handle and package it and you have a 100% chicom product, packaged and labeled as "Made in the USA" Keeping this in mind, don't be shocked if you discover that some of your favourite north american made products have nothing american in them at all.