Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Those famous 10$ knives

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Rough use knives, Canam has them, you can't kill them, hard to get a good edge on but once you do, it lasts, I use one for,, well rough use batoning, digging in dirt peeling bark, anywhere you don't want to hurt your expensive knife, and if the rocks happen to dull it a bit my belt knife sharpener brings it back in about 2 minutes, great piece of kit, the handle in some rattle a bit but can be tightened easily it is just a big rivet! Buy a few they make Good gifts!

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

CGN frequent flyer Big_red_truck's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdbldr View Post
    Rough use knives, Canam has them, you can't kill them, hard to get a good edge on but once you do, it lasts, I use one for,, well rough use batoning, digging in dirt peeling bark, anywhere you don't want to hurt your expensive knife, and if the rocks happen to dull it a bit my belt knife sharpener brings it back in about 2 minutes, great piece of kit, the handle in some rattle a bit but can be tightened easily it is just a big rivet! Buy a few they make Good gifts!
    I can't seem to find it on their website. I can't stand their new website , I can't find anything. I don't know if it's because it isn't updated yet or what. Seems like they don't post all of their stock on it.
    I'm canadian eh , there's no doot aboot

Quote Originally Posted by FLHTCUI View Post
    I'm glad I have my tinfoil hat on the morning while operating the microwave oven.
    Rob

if it aint full tang..its useless

GunNutz
    Yep, rough use bowie - they get them in by the load, and they sell out really fast - get this item put on your "wish list" or notifications list, or whatever, and you'll get an email when the item is in stock... People buy several at a time.
    I used an angle grinder to put a different angle on the cutting edge, and then used the stone...

Quote Originally Posted by slim123 View Post
    if it aint full tang..its useless
    It definitely is a drawback , but it's a great knife to toss anywheres. Like I said , not something I'd bring when my life depended on it.

I'm glad I have my tinfoil hat on the morning while operating the microwave oven.
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by AikiNut View Post
    Yep, rough use bowie - they get them in by the load, and they sell out really fast - get this item put on your "wish list" or notifications list, or whatever, and you'll get an email when the item is in stock... People buy several at a time.
    I used an angle grinder to put a different angle on the cutting edge, and then used the stone...
    I would but I can't find it on their website to add to the wish list.

Rob

CGN Ultra frequent flyer cyclops666's Avatar
    They do have the Swedish knives $5 but not the rough use bowie

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Tengoo's Avatar
    You have to dink around a bit with the filters on the CAnadaAmmo site, but the listing is findable. Bad news -- both the Bowie and Bolo are listed as Out Of Stock.

I have one of each...they'll do in a pinch, esp. if you can get them properly sharpened. Good knives to practice sharpening on, actually...
    "Pity the poor opponents of the right to keep and bear arms! They must distrust just everybody except criminals and except
    the tyrant to whom they concede the armed monopoly of their protection." -- Pierre Lemieux [LIBERTY Magazine Nov. '97]

Quote Originally Posted by Tengoo View Post
    You have to dink around a bit with the filters on the CAnadaAmmo site, but the listing is findable. Bad news -- both the Bowie and Bolo are listed as Out Of Stock.

I have one of each...they'll do in a pinch, esp. if you can get them properly sharpened. Good knives to practice sharpening on, actually...
    How exactly do you adjust the filters? I can't find anything on their website , it gets frustrating.

Rob

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Yes, i dont go on the nee site it is a p i a . I watched a guy on youtube put the rough use knife through a torture test including standing on the handle while the blade was sandwiched betweeen 2. 4x4cutting cement block, etc and he was north of 250lb so not sure what more a guy could want! I used mine for 2 years camping batoning firewood and really trying to see what these could take! Some paint was rubbed off, thats it handle still in tact! As for the swedish one i have one and would rather pay $5 more for the cheaper mora!

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast