Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Modern Hunter, The Ultimate Irony

CGN Regular
    Just a question... regarding 223 caliber. would a magwell attachment and a properly sized bolt head work with fitting 223 case types into the modern hunter? I know that the MH is heavier than a 223 would need to be, but then wouldnt it just be a upper swap, and skip all the RCMP FRT stuff.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rem338win's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post
    And another one is ready to go.

Ray does this look vaguely familiar?
    This looks awesome. Very interested to see what that weighs....
    Junkies have tracks and that's icky. :

CGN Ultra frequent flyer F22_RaptoR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IrishCrow View Post
    arak 21 uses a standard AR lower does it not?
    Correct; The ARAK-21 is just an upper receiver, the actual gun part (the lower receiver in the case of the AR15 platform) is what is restricted.

Quote Originally Posted by ezzyfreeway View Post
    why is this gun non restricted and the arak 21 is restricted looks like the same to me
    Alberta Tactical went to painstaking lengths to build a rifle from the ground up - to give it the same handling characteristics and ergonomics as similar rifles; however is completely incompatible with any AR15 or AR10 variant. They had to re-design new trigger groups, barrel extensions, bolt groups etc... all to distance itself completely from the "variant of" category.

The ARAK-21 is simply a new upper for a regular AR15. As I had previously stated; as the lower receiver IS the gun - the ARAK-21 upper becomes an accessory for a restricted rifle.

Which is funny because you can take that upper with you wherever you want to go, it has the same legal ramifications as a spoon

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Cooker View Post
    I like it with the black... breaks it up a bit
    In from a day of hog hunting. A farmer i know that has been having issues with them invited us in. And I was able to get a few photos with the phone. Still dont have the lantac on it, nor the bipod. I didnt have time, but here are a few photos of the beast on his work bench. I hope to have better shots/action shots off a real camera when i get home.

On the list are coyotes, wolves, bear and apparently hogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    In from a day of hog hunting. A farmer i know that has been having issues with them invited us in. And I was able to get a few photos with the phone. Still dont have the lantac on it, nor the bipod. I didnt have time, but here are a few photos of the beast on his work bench. I hope to have better shots/action shots off a real camera when i get home.

On the list are coyotes, wolves, bear and apparently hogs.
    Turned out amazing, mine is in similar configuration, can you tell me if you went with a heavy or varmint barrel profile.
    Last edited by live4therut; 03-30-2015 at 02:07 PM.
    “Okay, I reckon the hare gets ####ed”
    “What, Proper ####ed”

Thanks all,

It shoots really nicely thus far. Not too many shots through it yet though. I will get shot grouping pictures up when i can. I am using federal premium vitalshock 175gr.

The ergo grip is great. I use it on all my AR setups.

The cheek riser is about .5-.75" if i can recall.

no RCMP interaction yet, no real pictures of the hunting either. I'll explain further when i am home.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer polskiogorki's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauser GDog View Post
    I can't wait to start reading reviews & range reports of these rifles.
    ATRS, you guys are doing something very special here...slow clap...
    Apparently stormchaser received infractions for doing a range report in the black rifles section on his modern hunter, Maybe not my place to say anything here but im pretty upset about it, i would have done the same thing, and there are lots of people including myself that are waiting patiently to see how everyone's mh shoots.
    Is this something political between atrs and gunnutz or am i missing the big picture here... its a gun sight where people steady post pictures of their guns and how they shoot. Whyyyyy pick on the first range report of the MH????

Quote Originally Posted by polskiogorki View Post
    Apparently stormchaser received infractions for doing a range report in the black rifles section on his modern hunter, Maybe not my place to say anything here but im pretty upset about it, i would have done the same thing, and there are lots of people including myself that are waiting patiently to see how everyone's mh shoots.
    Is this something political between atrs and gunnutz or am i missing the big picture here... its a gun sight where people steady post pictures of their guns and how they shoot. Whyyyyy pick on the first range report of the MH????
    This is a little troubling, I was considering doing the same thing, probably in the precision rifles section. Anyone care to enlighten why this would have happened, what rule was broken to receive said infraction?

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by polskiogorki View Post
    From the beginning a couple of individuals have had a hard on to thwart the MH project in any way possible. It would appear that this is simply another shot at us and some happy clients. This mentality will doom the gun culture.
    I was away the last 2 days and did not see exactly what was posted that was so inflammatory or how Storm was baited to post whatever was so offensive, but strongly encourage that any posts to do with the Modern Hunter be done so in the ATRS forum so that we have some control on the trolls and their baiting.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

CGN Ultra frequent flyer H Wally's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonjour43ma View Post
    Is it front heavy like the XCR-M?
    Not in the configurations I've held, including the stainless longer barrel lengths.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast