Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: So my SA20 came today...

BANNED
    This is what it should look like from the distributor. Everything was sealed in their own plastic baggy except for the rifle, which had the furniture swapped:

If you bought it from a retailer, that could explain why the mag was loose and the BUIS was left in the up position. Either way, I personally would not be happy with that and would contact the vendor. Was your rifle on sale for being a floor/demo model? If not, I would probably request one that’s BNIB or ask for some sort of rebate for getting a floor model with blemishes.

Some people may give you a hard time and say it’s a tool, not a Rolex, but you paid your hard earned money for it. I would beat on my C7A2 if I had to, but I will baby my personal SA20.
    Last edited by Mister Donut; 03-24-2015 at 02:19 PM.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Donut View Post
    This is what it should look like from the distributor. Everything was sealed in their own plastic baggy except for the rifle, which had the furniture swapped:

If you bought it from a retailer, that could explain why the mag was loose and the BUIS was left in the up position. Either way, I personally would not be happy with that and would contact the vendor. Was your rifle on sale for being a floor/demo model? If not, I would probably request one that’s BNIB or ask for some sort of rebate for getting a floor model with blemishes.

Some people may give you a hard time and say it’s a tool, not a Rolex, but you paid your hard earned money for it. I would beat on my C7A2 if I had to, but I will baby my personal SA20.
    Well said

Hey all,

I have decided that the condition of the rifle is unacceptable, and have contacted the vendor and am currently awaiting their response. I was unaware it was a floor model when purchasing (if that was the case), and even so, given the collectibility and price of the rifle, you would think it would still be handled carefully and with respect. I am still reluctant to post which vendor, but pending the outcome of my inquiry regarding the situation, I may just have to let you guys know.

Unfortunately I ordered online because at the time of purchase they had a competitive price, and three local stores were out of stock. Might have to rethink that strategy next time.

Thanks everybody for reinforcing what I already thought was not okay.

Tarrantula

Quote Originally Posted by lone ranger View Post
    yikes ! What were they thinking. We all know how GENTLE Canada post is with our packages LOL.
    Yep, that's why I ask them to put fragile stickers on everything that I ship.. fragile or not. I have no idea if the fragile stickers stop the workers from throwing them around any less but it's worth the chance.
    --NFA MEMBER--

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CdnCombatMedic's Avatar
    Post who the dealer is. Regardless on the outcome, the dealer should be named. There is no excuse for a loose mag.... you know that's going to scratch things up.
    CSSA Member

CGN frequent flyer
    Agreed dealer should be named, totally unacceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by Noob_ View Post
    Agreed dealer should be named, totally unacceptable.
    This. You'll be saving others from having the same thing happen to them.
    --------------------------------------------
    To err is human, but to Arrrrrr Is Pirate

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool

Looking at pic #9 in the OP. If that little white tag came with [or attached to] the rifle, I'd wager you got the floor model.

Were all the extras and the swag items present?

All the extras were present, and it came in the CC box. I would agree with the comment about the little white tag...
    Last edited by Tarrantula; 03-24-2015 at 10:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarrantula View Post
    All the extras were present, and it came in the CC box. I would agree with the comment about the little white tag...

Ok I will spill the beans.....it was........Wanstalls

Thank you for that, you have put many minds at ease; mine included.

Hopefully Wanstall's steps up and makes it right.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast