Thread: Difference between Norinco and Dominion 7.62x39

Difference between Norinco and Dominion 7.62x39

Is there much of a difference between the two types of non corrosive ammo? Maybe one cleaner than the other or different batches? Which one would be a better choice...quality wise?
    Originally Posted by Foxer
    Folks - i've said it before and i'll say it again. The battle is everywhere. There ARE no 'safe havens' to flee to. Those who think there are are simply lying to themselves to avoid doing what needs to be done. We all have to dig in wherever we are and fight back hard. We WILL win - but only if we focus on the fight and not the flight.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Glock4ever's Avatar
    I have both ammunition. The Norinco is made in Asia with copper washed cases/bullets. The Dominion is made in E. Europe with lacquered cases and copper washed bullets. They are very different from each other but both seem to shoot well. I would say that unless you need hollow point ammo get the Norinco as it is bit cheaper if you were able to get the 4 cases for the price of 3 deal at Canada Ammo.

I thought they are the same thing. But I was wrong.

No one better tell my wife...................
    Last edited by 686 Shooter; 03-24-2015 at 10:28 PM. Reason: I was wrong.

I've shot a couple cases of each through some different SKS's. Both great ammo, runs good no jams no misfires. Haven't done accuracy comparisons, just ringing the steel from 100-200 yards. I've give u a box of each to try out yourself next time we meet up.
    Buy em cheap, stack em deep!

they are both the exact same price ($0.25/round). Norinco runs pretty dirty, i have used lots of it without a problem though. I've heard the dominion is a bit cleaner. Also i have heard norinco is very rough on extractors due to the casings expanding when fired, which shouldn't be a problem for sks's or vz58s.

Thanks for the responses guys, I was thinking of getting a crate of that Dominion stuff, since I already have a ton of Norinco, which by the way, I like.
    Folks - i've said it before and i'll say it again. The battle is everywhere. There ARE no 'safe havens' to flee to. Those who think there are are simply lying to themselves to avoid doing what needs to be done. We all have to dig in wherever we are and fight back hard. We WILL win - but only if we focus on the fight and not the flight.

Quote Originally Posted by MartyMorningwood View Post
    they are both the exact same price ($0.25/round). Norinco runs pretty dirty, i have used lots of it without a problem though. I've heard the dominion is a bit cleaner. Also i have heard norinco is very rough on extractors due to the casings expanding when fired, which shouldn't be a problem for sks's or vz58s.
    Never really noticed that Norinco was all that dirty...shot an entire case outta one of my SKSs and seemed decent. Had a couple minor issues with the casings, but not worth mentioning.

Canada Ammo - CGN Sponsor CanAm's Avatar
    only real different is that the norc is steel core