Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tavor Firing Pin Broken From Store

CGN frequent flyer Familygunnutz's Avatar
    I'd love to own a Tavor one day, but it's things like this preventing me buying one now,I'm not talking about the broken part,
    I'm talking about the parts availability, parts price, and long turn around warranty service. I guess I'm spoiled by my bin full of AR parts.
    Get some!!! ^^

I wouldn't let that prevent you from getting a Tavor if you really wanted one. Minor hiccup in an otherwise great rifle...it happens.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer scott_r's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Familygunnutz View Post
    I'd love to own a Tavor one day, but it's things like this preventing me buying one now,I'm not talking about the broken part,
    I'm talking about the parts availability, parts price, and long turn around warranty service. I guess I'm spoiled by my bin full of AR parts.
    The guy made the post a few days later a new one is sent in the mail?? Can't really get much better.

Quote Originally Posted by mmcintyre1220 View Post
    I sold my Kriss vector due to the fact you can't buy replacement parts for it and after sending it in to NS and waiting 4 months only for it to come back with the same issue I said the hell with it! I will never buy a new firearm that I can't send in for warranty directly to the manufacturer or obtain the parts myself
    What was the issue with the Kriss ?

Props to the store for helping you out. You should name them because it is good service they provided.
    NFA and CSSA Member
    PCHFC and DVC Range Member
    IPSC, LEAP, PPC and Trap Competition Shooter

Glad to hear this issue was resolved!

Received my firing pin from the Calgary Shooting Centre, they were extremely helpful and communicative about the issue. In fact, I received a PM from (one of?) their gunsmiths on CGN after I posted this topic with information on how to proceed. This was awesome, kudos to them for monitoring CGN, in a section not even related to them no-less! I won't name the gunsmith for privacy reasons, but both that individual and the communication of the rest of the staff at the CSC was quick and painless.

Although I was told that a Tavor firing pin in Canada costs $80, doesn't matter to me since it was covered under warranty/good customer service... But wow... North-Sylva, can you possibly shine some light on why a $17 USD part costs $80 CAD? Had I been told I needed to pay that for the replacement I would of immediately told whoever said it to pound sand and then proceeded to order from the website linked, or had a friend in the USA order it for me and ship it here USPS on the cheap. $35-40 CAD later and the part is mine. So what's with the 100% markup?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Armourall's Avatar
    Wow - that only took NS three weeks to respond to and that's after the store took care of it - not them......nice....

Quote Originally Posted by Xero View Post
    Although I was told that a Tavor firing pin in Canada costs $80, doesn't matter to me since it was covered under warranty/good customer service... But wow... North-Sylva, can you possibly shine some light on why a $17 USD part costs $80 CAD? Had I been told I needed to pay that for the replacement I would of immediately told whoever said it to pound sand and then proceeded to order from the website linked, or had a friend in the USA order it for me and ship it here USPS on the cheap. $35-40 CAD later and the part is mine. So what's with the 100% markup?
    Actually, the pricing I was given was $87 CAD for the firing pin ALONE, and another $12 or so for the spring...lol. Both parts from the US cost less than twenty bucks USD TOGETHER.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12