Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tavor Firing Pin Broken From Store

Tavor Firing Pin Broken From Store

Hey North Sylva,

Are you still the importer for Tavors in Canada? I recently picked one up from a local gun shop, and the firing pin appears to be broken. I took the weapon apart to a basic field-strip when I first got it (didn't take bolt/firing pin apart), lubed it, then fired about 100 rounds through it. Took it apart to detail strip to clean and noticed that the firing pin was broken.

How should I proceed? I'll be getting some information from the local dealer tomorrow / weekend. If their information isn't satisfactory, can you do anything for me to help out with the broken firing pin?

Last edited by Xero; 03-27-2015 at 12:11 AM.

CGN Regular
    Sorry to hear about that, I hope you find a solution for this. This must suck especially that you just purchased the rifle.

Seems like bad/cheap steal was used in the Tavor
    Swiss Arms PE-90. Owner

BANNED
    Just call NS in the morning, they will ship a new firing in out to you...

(416) 242-4867

Quote Originally Posted by kouma View Post
    Seems like bad/cheap steal was used in the Tavor
    I don't think so... I'm the only person I've seen online with this particular issue. Did some searching around to see if it was common or not. Looks like I just got a dud!

Quote Originally Posted by DILLIGAF View Post

(416) 242-4867
    I'll wait to hear back from the local shop, as I have a friend that works there. If nothing good comes of that I'll do this, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by DILLIGAF View Post

(416) 242-4867
    I don't know about that...just learned from them this morning that they do not warranty anything unless it is sent to them for evaluation. My brand new Tavor that I bought from an authorized retailer had something funky happen to the firing pin spring. It started to twist around the back end of the firing pin...from everything I could see, it had been assembled correctly, as I've done several times before. Apparently, it's my screw up though...just waiting to hear how.

Just so the OP is prepared for the worst...also learned today that a new firing pin from NS costs $87, and a new spring is $12.50...ouch. I saw a member selling spare parts last year and jumped on it, that was a good score for me as I was able to keep my Tavor running. I can't wait until Brownells starts selling IWI parts...the pin and spring is only $19.99 USD...lol.

Well that's a load of crap. I don't know why nobody stands by their product anymore. I have had issues with the last 3 new guns I purchased new. One got sent back, the other I repaired, and the third is at the warranty depot now.
    I have much better luck with 100 year old guns and have pretty much vowed to never buy new again.
    I hope you get the parts. Don't take no for an answer.

BANNED
    Should've got a mosin....

I sold my Kriss vector due to the fact you can't buy replacement parts for it and after sending it in to NS and waiting 4 months only for it to come back with the same issue I said the hell with it! I will never buy a new firearm that I can't send in for warranty directly to the manufacturer or obtain the parts myself
    Id Rather Be Judged By 12 Than Carried By 6

Store I bought the Tavor from is getting NS to send replacement part. Issue is resolved, just waiting on the part to arrive. It was shipped last week apparently, with the long weekend I guess I can see why it isn't here yet.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer copeland's Avatar
    Wow. People get really worked up over minor issues.

You have to have some leniency dealing with the distributors. It's not like there is a huge market for some firearms.

Things break. It happens. Keep a parts kit for rifles with hard to come by pieces.
    "If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." - Dalai Lama, 2001.

“Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest.” -Mahatma Gandhi

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast