Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Grizzly stock bolt thread size?

Quote Originally Posted by nickvaselino View Post
    My dominion arms is 1/4 x 28 tpi NF thread
    I'm not sure but I think this is the bolt size on my two 870 aftermarket stocks. But that doesn't fit the thread in the receiver.....way bigger thread, close to 1/2 but 1/2 is just a wee bit too big and 7/16th is just a we bit too small.

Quote Originally Posted by PepeLapiu View Post
    I'm not sure but I think this is the bolt size on my two 870 aftermarket stocks. But that doesn't fit the thread in the receiver.....way bigger thread, close to 1/2 but 1/2 is just a wee bit too big and 7/16th is just a we bit too small.
    If its a really wonky thread pitch that is that much oversize could you put some jb weld or epoxy of some type and then drill and tap to fit the size that is required? Thats what i would do, loctiite brand makes some wicked epoxies that are stronger than the actual steel and very easy to machine or cut the threads with a tap or die

If its a really wonky thread pitch that is that much oversize could you put some jb weld or epoxy of some type and then drill and tap to fit the size that is required? Thats what i would do, loctiite brand makes some wicked epoxies that are stronger than the actual steel and very easy to machine or cut the threads with a tap or die
    Yeah maybe. I'll look into that.
    It just aggravates me that Norinco/Dominion would sell guns without stock, presumably so the buyer can install the aftermarket one of his choice. But with no stocks on the market that actually fits it.

There are lots that fit, mine has ATI 6 position adjustable m4 style pistol grip

There are lots that fit, mine has ATI 6 position adjustable m4 style pistol grip
    Maybe there are lots that fit on your gun. But not on mine.
    I have two 870 aftermarket stock - a Mesa LEO M4 type stock and a Hogue Montecarlos type stock. Both of them will fit a Remy 870 just fine. But they don't fit on this gun.

When I visited Cabelas with my gun in hand, both the store clerk and I tried some of the stocks in store, including a ATI stock. None of them fit, all due to the weird thread size on the receiver.
    Last edited by PepeLapiu; 03-28-2015 at 08:49 AM.

I don't know if it'll help, but can you post pictures? I'm not thinking we can see the thread size, but maybe a solution of sorts?
    Anyone doing any Long-Range, Pistol, or Action-Shooting in or around the Elk Valley/Crowsnest Pass? I'd love to tag along, send me a PM

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dexter Morgan's Avatar
    This sounds to me like someone damaged the original hole, and drilled and tapped it to a bigger size.

Canada Ammo - CGN Sponsor CanAm's Avatar
    are you threading in to the receiver or into the hex nut that is threaded in to the receiver?

no stock comes with a bolt to thread in to the receiver directly, they all thread in to the hex nut

I can't figure out how to send a pic here. So I'll email you one.
    All I see is a threaded hole in the back of the receiver where I assumed the stock would bolt into.
    That thread size appears to be a mistery size nobody has ever seen before. Not metric, not standard.
    If I'm supposed to have a hex nut, I never saw that is the package.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer EL34/6L6's Avatar
    Yeah should have that hex nut which is approx 1" long...
    . . . . . . . . . . . <*(((>>+. . . . . .{• )))))></. . . . . .>°)))÷÷<€ . . . . . . . . . . .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast