Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Doing my PAL(R) At home - Vancouver BC, possible?

Doing my PAL(R) At home - Vancouver BC, possible?

Hi everyone,

A friend and I are hoping to do our PAL and PAL-R, and were wondering if there are instructors that are mobile and can come to you to do the course over a couple nights or weekend. I have found many many places offering school style setups, but I cannot find anything for at-home. If anyone could point me to some instructors or a list that would be great.... I am in Downtown Vancouver.

Cheers

Private classes?

Quote Originally Posted by 4n2t0 View Post
    Private classes?
    Well, I am more for the off-site at my home type thing... From what I have seen on local sites courses, the private courses are usually directly at firing and operating firearms. It seems to be equally hard to find a private CFSC course.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    I would assume it is largely a cost thing.

Think about how much you would have to pay to make it worth their while - if they usually teach 10 or 12 people at a time then one would assume you would have to pay like 5 times as much for them to make the same profit? I doubt many people are wanting to pay $1000 for a course.

The CFO should have a list of all instructors. Silvercore is one of the leading companies for firearms training in Greater Vancouver. You could look them up/contact them. No idea if they would provide the services you want though and if they do it'll be expensive.
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

Quote Originally Posted by Suther View Post
    I would assume it is largely a cost thing.

Think about how much you would have to pay to make it worth their while - if they usually teach 10 or 12 people at a time then one would assume you would have to pay like 5 times as much for them to make the same profit? I doubt many people are wanting to pay $1000 for a course.

The CFO should have a list of all instructors. Silvercore is one of the leading companies for firearms training in Greater Vancouver. You could look them up/contact them. No idea if they would provide the services you want though and if they do it'll be expensive.
    Silvercore is what I would love to do - but dedicating 2 days on a rigid schedule is very tough for me. I had heard years and years ago (thinking around 10) that the in-home style was something offered more... I guess over the years, like you said, it just wasn't as profitable as going through a class.

Darn.

I know a couple people that have done the challenge test at their homes. The instructor just popped by for the length of the test and to oversee, I assume.
    You would have to contact the instructor directly. I'm sure if they had room in their schedule they may accommodate you, although I also assume it would cost more, as mentioned.
    Never tell me the odds

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Juster's Avatar
    You could perhaps find a class that would let you just do the practical test and challenge the written part. My practical lasted about a minute, although that was years ago.
    Instead of being troubled by what is really evil, people make a big fuss over what is merely conventionally evil. -Diogenes

You can find some instructor that do it I did my pal and rpal at a friend house 4 of us for pal he just showed up for test and he was there for rpal

PM sent

Quote Originally Posted by satrap View Post
    You can find some instructor that do it I did my pal and rpal at a friend house 4 of us for pal he just showed up for test and he was there for rpal
    That is what I was hoping for... but with instruction as well... I guess I will have to make some more phone calls.

Quote Originally Posted by Drdoug View Post
    PM sent

I have PM'd you back, sounds like you can help...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast