Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: credit card

CGN frequent flyer
    Please list which banks or cards are anti-gun. Please note, you can't list TD, Servus CU, VISA or MC.

Since Costco stopped taking AMEX I don't use their card anymore. Most places don't take AMEX. I use my BMO cash back MasterCard for almost all my purchases. I rarely carry very much cash money!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer doublelung's Avatar
    Who is AMEX
    I'm your Huckleberry !!

Also the Canadian Gov went MC because people were having issues using their Gov supplied AMEX around the world. So AMEX looses both the Canadian Gov and Costco, that is a hit.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Ed Smurf's Avatar
    I use it to buy gas and accumulate Air Miles. At Shell...I get Air Miles on the purchase (Air Miles card) and on my Amex account. Other than that...restaurants only.
    No wood......No good

Every Restaurant, Hotel, Car rental, Airline, and most gas stations take Amex. Generally, retail stores do not take Amex because it is too expensive for them and they have such a fine line on their markups already it isn't worth it for them however some stores do take it (Shoppers Drug mart for example) and they enjoy the extra clientele that Amex brings in. Costco were idiots for dropping Amex and I will be letting my membership with Costco lapse this month...not just for the Amex thing but many other reasons that I hate Costco for (but that is for a different thread!).

I love my Amex card and the and use if for automatically paying most of my monthly bills too...this really adds up the points which I have used many times and can be used to get almost anything I want.

Amex is not dead and dying...it is alive and well and used by people who know how to use it to their advantage properly.

BTW I also have a Mastercard as backup to places that do not take Amex....it only sees the light of day if my Amex card is not accepted. Following that I use debit...my wallet rarely sees cash these days (it was like that before but for different reason!).

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sulisa's Avatar
    I like that nobody has said "Diner's Club" once in this thread.

Also, sidebar: The "Square" payment thing for small businesses that use iphones - there's a thread on CGN about a company in Petawawa (I think) who was shut out by Square because the transactions were for firearms and accessories = very anti-gun. Not Auber-related to this conversation, but a great opportunity to remind everyone to avoid that.

Quote Originally Posted by sulisa View Post
    I like that nobody has said "Diner's Club" once in this thread.

Also, sidebar: The "Square" payment thing for small businesses that use iphones - there's a thread on CGN about a company in Petawawa (I think) who was shut out by Square because the transactions were for firearms and accessories = very anti-gun. Not Auber-related to this conversation, but a great opportunity to remind everyone to avoid that.
    DC is now MC

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sailor723's Avatar
    Also off topic but I remember travelling as a kid in the 60's with my parents. For restaurants, hotels etc etc it was always Amex, Diner's Club or Carte Blanche (or American Express Traveler's Cheques). Chargex (forerunner to Visa) hadn't even been thought of.
    Fan of Browning Hi-Powers and both S&W and Colt revolvers

Quote Originally Posted by whiteoutjeeper View Post
    Please list which banks or cards are anti-gun. Please note, you can't list TD, Servus CU, VISA or MC.
    So this means that TD, Servus CU, Visa or MC are anti-gun, or that they aren't, which means they are pro-gun???

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast