Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: PAL Help

no i literally said it and then never thought about it till now, i love life and i totally regret what i said and since my dad has guns and i live with him if i get denied i would have to move out right?

Chill if it never go to cops or reported you are fine , check no for that part

i heard they check facebook messages and i dont want them to think just cause i said it once means i am mentally unstable, so it should be fine?

Perhaps you are overthinking the situation ....

Yes its fine , and no they can't check your personal message or email without a court order,

so if i just said it over facebook in a moment of emotion it should be fine? and the reason this is so important is that i need this for my career aswell so what do you guys think i should do?

Be honest. There has been two instances that have been brought to my attension where both individuals applied for their PALs and within a few days recieved a friend request on facebook. Upon accepting the friend request, they were informed it was the RCMP and they need to call them to go over a few things. It delayed one person's application by 3 years and rejected the other. If I didn't see it with my own eyes, I would not have believed it. I think it is strange and cheesy that the police is on social media but the reality is that it is now apart of policing. Your Facebook history never gets erased and they will find out so the best thing to do is to be straight with them and let them use their discression.

should i just wait 5 years then? is my chances harshly diminished by my stupidity?

Quote Originally Posted by satrap View Post
    Yes its fine , and no they can't check your personal message or email without a court order,
    Yes they can. They just can not use it in court as evidence or as a reason to charge you with a crime. Saying 'No' does not involve the law or have anything to do with court proceedings.

Quote Originally Posted by Garaldtao View Post
    Yes they can. They just can not use it in court as evidence or as a reason to charge you with a crime. Saying 'No' does not involve the law or have anything to do with court proceedings.
    Thats what i thought too!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast