Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: PAL Help

Exclamation PAL Help

i need help with my pal application

soooo... i have been in love with firearms for the past 5 years and have been an avid hunter and i am here doing my pal application and i have been struggling with the personal history question about threatening suicide. about a year ago over Facebook me and my girlfriend where having an argument and i said im going to kill myslef so she would stop bashing me but really didnt mean it. should i send in a phyc evaluation and tick yes and attach a long letter explaining the situation or should i wait 4 years and just answer no

Thanks in advance!!!

i also got 98% on my written and 100 % on my practical

CGN Ultra frequent flyer new and novice's Avatar
    Was it a joke or a threat. If it was a threat, I would think that they would consider it as you meant it. Did you seek medical help, or did it not go past facebook?
    Twitter: @reason911

It was more like i wanted to say something to stop her from insulting me so i was using it as a way to make her be sympathetic (i know that was wrong but i was 16...) and no i have never attemped or actually thought about hurting myself

Please help, im stressing because if i dont get my PAL i wont be able to do what i love, any advice on how to show i will be a responsible firearms owner?

You said should I send in a phyc evaluation and check yes ... so im assuming you have had an evaluation of sorts . You need to be honest on your application .

Be honest, if you did have a evaluation or some one reported you as being suicidal they'll find out some how and it will further delay your application. At least you will be able to explain the situation.

Good luck

Be mindful of what you said on social media, it might turn around against you.

i never have gotten a phyc since i have never displayed any suicidal traits and never had any thoughts of anything like that. what i am asking is will i likely be denied if i apply now and send it in with a note saying i can give extra references and i will be happy to do a personal interview or should i wait 5 years???? thanks guys it means alot!

did it go past fb ?

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast