Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Remington 700 Trigger Recall

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CZ_Brno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gmctech View Post
    Pretty much the same here..... I Timney'd up my 700's and have decided to venture away from Remington now for the next few years...
    Yeah. Makes me wish I had bought a Weatherby Vanguard.
    Brno Arms had and still has reputation for extremely talented designers, engineers, their DESIGN - WAY AHEAD OF OTHERS, WAY AHEAD OF TIME, UNCOMPROMIZING QUALITY, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OLD WORLD CRAFTSMANSHIP and long LASTING BEAUTY ~Brnomann

I better get a hold of them again, got notice a box was going to be sent to me end of april 2014, LOL still have nothing yet. sort of forgot about it until I seen this thread. Guess its kinda my bad for not following up sooner, just the rifle works great and figured let sleeping dogs lie. Is their recalled trigger better than stock we have a 308 700 sps heavy barrel so called ``tactical``
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronGer View Post
    Wow. I sent mine out in august and got it back in November! That was after waiting several months for the box to come in the mail! I did find the new trigger to be more consistent though. Looking back if I had known I wouldn't be able to shoot for the rest of the season I probably would have went with the timney. Nice to know that service is getting faster.

21 days total, includes the 7 days it took for Gravel Agency to ship empty box. About 3 weeks, not bad.

I never received anything after I signed up for the recall (immediately after it began). I don't even care. I may not even send it if they shipping boxes/labels do show up.
    Member: Canadian Coalition for Firearms Rights
    Gun Owners of America

Quote Originally Posted by guntech View Post
    I get a kick out of these 700 trigger threads...

I am not knocking Timney as they make a fine trigger.. but any competent gunsmith who is familiar with triggers can make "the worst any model 700 trigger" into a crisp, safe, light pull with no perceptible over travel for 1/3 of what it costs to replace the trigger. Many of you know this but many get caught up in the latest internet trend.
    I agree with guntech. My XCR II in 30-06 factory trigger breaks like glass, and I never adjusted it, just sent it to Gravel for the recall. I expected it to return with a terrible feeling trigger, but found no difference what so ever.
    Member: National Firearms Association
    Member: Conservative Party of Canada
    Member: National Rifle Association

I think I had to follow up to get them to send me the shipping box but my trigger recall was done fast. Not thrilled with Remington though.....
    A month before the recall I was teaching my wife how to shoot my rifle. It "went off". I gave her all sorts of sh!t but she said it wasn't her and eventually I believed her and I phoned Remington to ask about trigger issues. Of course they said there had never been anything reported to them they stated, no problems whatsoever. Next month the recall comes out, my rifle was one of the bad ones. So Big Green lied to me and risked my families safety to save their reputation. ##### you Remington and keep your $100 gift certificate for my "trouble".

CGN Ultra frequent flyer 762shooter's Avatar
    Tagged for follow up.
    “That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.” ― George Orwell

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345