Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Remington 700 Trigger Recall

Remington 700 Trigger Recall

WOW! EIGHT DAYS!

I dropped my 700 SPS Varmint at my local Post Office on a Tuesday and my rifle was back in my hands the following Thursday. Just EIGHT DAYS - I hardly noticed it was gone!

New trigger is very crisp - I wish I had this done sooner but was dreading having to wait "weeks" to get my rifle returned. I you haven't done this yet, DO IT!

To Gravel Agency, I say: ░▒▓█▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄█▓▒░ OUTSTANDING SERVICE! ░▒▓█▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄█▓▒░
    We shall pass this way on Earth but once, if there is any kindness we can show, or good act we can do, let us do it now, for we will never pass this way again - Stephen Grellet
    East Grey Hunters & Anglers Association (visit us at http://eghaa.ca)

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Winchester-1897's Avatar
    I got the Timney instead,talk about crisp.

CGN Regular
    Good on Gravel, but I filled out my warranty claim last year about 2 days after the recall was officially announced, still no mailing instructions/etc from Remington. Pretty weak.

Not that it's a big deal as I had ditched the POS x-mark pro before the recall ever happened.

Ditto with Wheels. Filled in my Canadian claim within 48 hours of the recall, got my notice that it was received and instructions for Canada coming.

Never came.

Thankfully I bought a Timney from Brownells at the same time. Now THAT is a crisp trigger

What's the recall all about? All that crap they covered the adjustment screws with? When I got mine it had a 11 lbs trigger. I then dug all that s#it out of it and backed the screw out to where I got a consistent 3 lbs pull. It was screwed in as far as it would go, then coated with the epoxy crap. If it ever starts to give me problems I'll swith it with the 510 but as of now it's pretty sweet.0 creep, crisp break and very little over travel.

I got my 700 varmint served too. The new trigger is really light and crisp. I never tried Timney though.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rembolt's Avatar
    Yes great service and communation from gravel . It was10 days and I had mine back very happy with the trigger so far but have not fired the rifle yet .

Quote Originally Posted by wheels View Post
    Good on Gravel, but I filled out my warranty claim last year about 2 days after the recall was officially announced, still no mailing instructions/etc from Remington. Pretty weak.

Not that it's a big deal as I had ditched the POS x-mark pro before the recall ever happened.
    Pretty much the same here..... I Timney'd up my 700's and have decided to venture away from Remington now for the next few years...
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, “You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.” .......... - George Carlin

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Bigbubba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by K-C View Post

WOW! EIGHT DAYS!

I dropped my 700 SPS Varmint at my local Post Office on a Tuesday and my rifle was back in my hands the following Thursday. Just EIGHT DAYS - I hardly noticed it was gone!

New trigger is very crisp - I wish I had this done sooner but was dreading having to wait "weeks" to get my rifle returned. I you haven't done this yet, DO IT!

To Gravel Agency, I say: ░▒▓█▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄█▓▒░ OUTSTANDING SERVICE! ░▒▓█▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄█▓▒░
    I have to agree 100% with this. Sent my info in, got an immediate email reply the same day, got mailing info from Gavel within a day, got the empty box sent to me and mailed my rifle back to them and had it back PDQ in my opinion.

Then I bought a Remington 600 Mohawk from an guy, emailed Gavel, they said it needed to be recalled to have the safety adjusted (so it could be unloaded in the safe position) a couple days later I get a box in the mail to send the Mohawk in, with a new mailing label inside, and a week later the Mohawk is at my front door and Frank the mailman is holding the signature required sheet for me to sign, all at no cost to me. That my friends, is good service.

Thank you Gavel.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by K-C View Post

WOW! EIGHT DAYS!

Wow. I sent mine out in august and got it back in November! That was after waiting several months for the box to come in the mail! I did find the new trigger to be more consistent though. Looking back if I had known I wouldn't be able to shoot for the rest of the season I probably would have went with the timney. Nice to know that service is getting faster.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast