Page 13 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3567891011121314151617181920212333 ... LastLast

Thread: DA50 .50BMG upper!!!???

CGN Ultra frequent flyer ShawnC6's Avatar
    I'll be a guinea pig. And the price of the lower shouldnt matter much. All the bang is in the upper.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer critter928's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Daver_II View Post
    There have been plenty of out of battery discharges with single shots... I believe there is a vulcan .50 single shot video around here somewhere.
    I am sure Canada Ammo would be careful, but unless a system is widely tested, you just don't know.

found it
    http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=963_1392257627

Or there is a Barret with a catastrophic failure
    Attachment 25076

There is even another company that had a .50 AR upper that had an issue and detonated. ALS (the manufacturer of the one that failed)
    asked any owners to "suspend use of their upper" until a fix could be found.

I am only saying that a .50 BMG is ridiculously powerful, and I don't like the idea of buying a cheap one where QC might be a skipped step.
    Lets not forget that DA is Chinese and there have been issues with metallurgy and QC before.

And Yes I have shot a number of .50 rifles and MGs.

If the rifle is proven, and safe, I would love you buy one for under $2000.
    While I appreciate your concern and you are not wrong about being careful, are you calling CanAm liars when they already posted this?

Quote Originally Posted by CanAm View Post
    The guns are made in Canada. The barrels are made in the USA. Some smaller parts, etc are MIM from overseas

Price is expect to be well under $2000
    "For having lived long, I have experienced many instances of being obliged, by better information or fuller consideration, to change opinions, even on important subjects, which I once thought right but found to be otherwise." - Benjamin Franklin

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mildcustom2's Avatar
    There have been plenty of out of battery discharges with single shots... I believe there is a vulcan .50 single shot video around here somewhere.
    I am sure Canada Ammo would be careful, but unless a system is widely tested, you just don't know.

found it
    http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=963_1392257627

Or there is a Barret with a catastrophic failure
    Attachment 25076

There is even another company that had a .50 AR upper that had an issue and detonated. ALS (the manufacturer of the one that failed)
    asked any owners to "suspend use of their upper" until a fix could be found.

I am only saying that a .50 BMG is ridiculously powerful, and I don't like the idea of buying a cheap one where QC might be a skipped step.
    Lets not forget that DA is Chinese and there have been issues with metallurgy and QC before.

And Yes I have shot a number of .50 rifles and MGs.

If the rifle is proven, and safe, I would love you buy one for under $2000.
    You are seriously mistaken in your facts. Dominion Arms is not all made in Chinese manufactured firearms or firearms related products. Dominion Arms is Canada Ammos own house brand. Products made by a variety of manufactures other than just China that are sold under their house brand name. So it's entirely possible for this upper to be manufactured from parts manufactured in Canada and the US and not necessarily China.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Daver_II's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mildcustom2 View Post
    You are seriously mistaken in your facts. Dominion Arms is not all made in Chinese manufactured firearms or firearms related products. Dominion Arms is Canada Ammos own house brand. Products made by a variety of manufactures other than just China that are sold under their house brand name. So it's entirely possible for this upper to be manufactured from parts manufactured in Canada and the US and not necessarily China.
    Quote Originally Posted by critter928 View Post
    While I appreciate your concern and you are not wrong about being careful, are you calling CanAm liars when they already posted this?
    Thanks for informing me I must have missed this post.

That said I stick to my original point, and will still urge caution when looking at unproven firearms... especially when they are containing one of the biggest calibers you can buy.

Also, a large number of DA firearms have been manufactured in China, so you may understand why I may have thought that.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gatehouse's Avatar
    50BMG Is big, with pretty substantial bolt thrust, but operates at pretty low pressure compared to many modern cartridges. 55,000 PSI IIRC.
    375 Ruger is the NEW KING of the .375's. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mildcustom2's Avatar
    Thanks for informing me I must have missed this post.

That said I stick to my original point, and will still urge caution when looking at unproven firearms... especially when they are containing one of the biggest calibers you can buy.

Also, a large number of DA firearms have been manufactured in China, so you may understand why I may have thought that.
    Oh I can definitely understand why you would think that. However I believe the DA primers are made in Eastern Europe somewhere.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jparent's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Morgan View Post
    For the people who complain about it being restricted;
    Do you live on a farm where you can safely shoot 50-BMG in the backyard?

I'm curious as to where people would like to shoot this caliber rifle, outside of a designated range.
    I can fire this legally in my back yard if it was non restricted,

Read the rest of the posts. Damn now I HAVE TO START SAVING!

Wasn't that long ago CGN asked CanAmmo to bring us an affordable 50, looks like they listened to us. BIG KUDOS!

Now. I want 50 cal hollow or soft points for groundhogs
    Last edited by jparent; 04-01-2015 at 10:03 PM.
    Looking down the barrel, of 1984...
    Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Foxtrot Oscar.
    It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. - Claire Wolfe

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    Vulcan=death and destruction.
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.

The guns are made in Canada. The barrels are made in the USA. Some smaller parts, etc are MIM from overseas

Mother of god...
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point. - George Carlin

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Rick911's Avatar