Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Grizzly Clip Mag: A question and a suggestion.

Grizzly Clip Mag: A question and a suggestion.

Hi.
    About the 12 gauge Grizzly clip magazine.

A question:

Which one works best? The Dominion Arms one or the aftermarket one?
    I don't really care about the 5 dollar price difference. I just want what works best
    So which one cycles better? Which one clicks in and out more smoothly?

And a suggestion:

I really would like to see a 10-round magazine. Maybe a drum magazine. But I think a double stack (stagered) 10-round clip would be best. It would just be fatter and slightly longer than the 5-round mag but I'd love to get my hands on one of those if they ever become available.
    Maybe even a single stacked 10-round magazine would be nice. Thought it might start to get pretty long.

Cheers
    Pepe
    Last edited by PepeLapiu; 04-01-2015 at 03:02 PM.

X2.

I'd be happy with one that fed shells correctly. (Magazine that is)

I find the one that came with the gun works just fine.
    I only get problems when I try to rack the pump too slowly. If I rack it with authority - fast - than it works well for me.
    I also recall seeing a Youtube video where the guy ironed out the kinks to make his action work flawlessly. You might want to look into that. I might actually look it up too again.

Other than that slow pump issue, I can't find any complaints with the gun so far. But than and again I have ' fired a single shot yet. I've only played tactical ninja in the house with a gun that doesn't have a stock yet. :D

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Xplorer View Post
    I'd be happy with one that fed shells correctly. (Magazine that is)
    I find the same thing with mine. If I load 4 rounds all is well mostly. With 5 rounds the first two double feed. It's a plastic mag so not much tinkering to be done. I only have 100 rounds through the gun so it's something I sort of hopes smartens up as the spring wears. I bought the gun for the sole purpose of predator defence while fishing alpine lakes and tributaries. I really wish I could just carry my 1911.

Quote Originally Posted by 0neshot View Post
    I really wish I could just carry my 1911.
    When the laws are stupid and oppressive it's not only your moral right to ignore the law, it's your duty.

And why they decided the AR-15 is not a suitable hunting gun is beyond me.

These shotguns will work but they need tweaking. I have done a lot of work (machining/fitting/polishing) on mine and I am still find minor issues. Think I have around 500 through it with out a jam or malfunction after i did my tweaking. have done 3 others so far and all had the same issues but they all had different minor ones. Don't think they will just work their issues out with use. They may get better but they really need work to run smooth. Here is video from my last 3 gun match. Skip to the 4.21 point its a all shotgun stage.
    Last edited by AIRCAV; 08-15-2015 at 02:42 AM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Juster's Avatar
    I bought 2 steel mags from CanadaAmmo:
    The "Magazine Factory 5 round for DA Grizzly-Mag Shotgun" and "Magazine aftermarket 5 round for DA- Grizzly-Mag shotgun" are different, it would be worth getting 1 of each. The aftermarket would not feed at all for me with 5 in the mag, the factory one was fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by AIRCAV View Post
    These shotguns will work but they need tweaking.
    Your mags go in easily, mine are a bit stiff. What is your secret?
    Last edited by Juster; 08-15-2015 at 06:42 AM.
    Instead of being troubled by what is really evil, people make a big fuss over what is merely conventionally evil. -Diogenes

I have only one magazine - the plastic one which came with the gun. I believe the aftermarket one is also plastic.
    I'd like to know where you got your steel one.

That one mag I have is just weird. I can feed it anything and it will work just fine as long as I don't pull the trigger and just keep pumping and ejecting.
    But when I shoot slugs, the 4th cartridge tends to jam inside the mag once the gun is warmed up.
    But I took the gun for some clay fun last week. And it fed reliably all day with absolutely no issues. And it also didn't get as hot as when I shoot slugs. Hotter loads with slugs maybe?

I only have two problems with my Grizzly Mag gun. Failure to feed the 4th cartridge (2nd shot when mag is full). And spent hull staying stuck in the chamber, not wanting to eject.

But neither of the else problems occurred with target loads. Only with slugs which is what I shoot 99% of the time.

I am going to try the aftermarket mags to see if those work better. And maybe polishing the chamber too.
    Moving to hand loads soon. I don't know if that will help at all or make this worst.
    Last edited by PepeLapiu; 08-15-2015 at 09:13 AM.

My grizzly runs % 100 after some tweaking, do a search on here there are lots of threads
    Go read that shlock to a soldier or a fireman or a football player or a bloody barber Theyll all knock your "this" right down your throat while sippin a beer and eating chicken wings.Then wipe their wee fingers on your pretty little pouch"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast