Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TulaAmmo 5.56 55gr HP

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gatehouse's Avatar

TulaAmmo 5.56 55gr HP

Just finishing off my first 1000 round case of this stuff. My guests mostly shoot it through an AR15 but we also use a Savage Axis to blow up binary targets.

Ammo has performed perfectly and as a side bonus the laquer coating on the steel cases seems to be a perfect match with plastic stripper clips. Not too slippy so the rounds fall out but not gritty to load either.

Pleasantly surprised by the 1" 100 yard group I shot from the Savage Axis, so it has accuracy potentiol.

Just order another 1000 rounds, I expect all the Whistler Spring staff party shooters will burn that up quick!

Reccomend
    375 Ruger is the NEW KING of the .375's. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Thanks for the review. Can you do me a weird favor?

It says they have a bi-metal jacket. I know that they have a lead core, but my range's rule on steel core ammo is that if it sticks to a magnet it's not allowed on the range. I'm wondering if the bi-metal jacket would stick to a magnet. Any chance you could see if a bullet sticks? I'd hate to buy a case and then not be able to shoot it!
    Homer Simpson: [flipping frantically through the Bible] This book doesn't have any answers!
    Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver!

great to know, I have been curious about that ammo
    I AM THE GUN LOBBY

IN 00 BUCK I TRUST

CGN Ultra frequent flyer ShawnC6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ndb86 View Post
    Thanks for the review. Can you do me a weird favor?

It says they have a bi-metal jacket. I know that they have a lead core, but my range's rule on steel core ammo is that if it sticks to a magnet it's not allowed on the range. I'm wondering if the bi-metal jacket would stick to a magnet. Any chance you could see if a bullet sticks? I'd hate to buy a case and then not be able to shoot it!
    Bi metal jackets all stick to a magnet.

Also very nice to hear. I'm probably going to buy a case of the 62 grain next. Good prices.

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnC6 View Post
    Bi metal jackets all stick to a magnet.
    I thought so, but wasn't certain. Thanks for clarifying for me.
    Homer Simpson: [flipping frantically through the Bible] This book doesn't have any answers!
    Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver!

CGN Regular
    How good would this round be for a cheap yote round?

The bullets definitly stick to a magnet. As for a yote round, I'm sure it will kill a yote. I assume these hollow points are similar to Sierra match kings in that expansion is not the prime focus. Most of mine get shot at ar500 plates and binary targets. When I hunt yotes with a 223 I generally use VMAX or BTs

I should mention that they are more accurate in that Savage than the federal black box American Eagle, too. I handload most of my personal ammo, and that Savage will stack VMAX on top f each other. But my clients use the Tula to shoot binary targets at 75-100 yards and one shot BOOMS are the norm. Shot 10 1lb targets today at 100 with about 12 shots. All brand new shooters, too Mostly we are using AR15 with the Tula ammo and hitting 10x10 gongs at 100 from offhand with iron sights is easy for me and not too hard for most new shooters either!

Havent tried it at 300 though

Some pics?

I write on huntinggearguy.com

Would the FMJ feed more reliably as opposed to the HP?

I'm tempted to get the cheapest 55gr HP, but the 62 gr FMJ is only $10 more.

Note: I have a Colt LE6920, bone stock. 16" m4 barrel, 1/7 twist, carbine gas.
    "Improvise, Adapt, Overcome"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast