Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Modern Hunter and Gen 3 Pmags UPDATE APRIL 7 2015

What there to panic about? lots of other style mags out there. Just some of us won't be drinking the magpul koolaid
    Last edited by live4therut; 04-03-2015 at 06:33 PM.
    “Okay, I reckon the hare gets ####ed”
    “What, Proper ####ed”

I don't think it's that big a deal. If I were an owner of a MH as long as XCR 10rd. pistol mag.'s worked I'd be a happy camper, er' shooter...

So will XCR pistol mag,'s work with future MH rifles?

Cheers D
    Gun Control is Being Able to Hit Your Target.

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by polskiogorki View Post
    Any details as to which way he ls leaning on this matter?
    To me it seems silly to re-engineer a rifle to fit ONE mag thereby precluding the use of all others. Magpul continually changes their stuff.
    With there being several options that DO fit and function just fine and more coming I see no reason to put folks in a position where only 1 mag will work.
    We have some mags enroute from Israel (NOT CAA) that should land here in the next few days and we have decided to make mags for it ourselves, but this will take some time to get molds made. For now ASC mags made for the Robinson arms rifles along with the C Products mags made for DPMS and all the other AR 10 rifles DO work just fine. Once we know that the Israeli mags function fully we will advise, and once our own mags are in production again we will be advising.
    Why Magpul changed the location of their latch pocket, feed lips height and angles and follower angle eludes me as does what exactly they DO fit?
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

Quote Originally Posted by D-Boy View Post
    I think you see the problem the wrong side.
    I think the MH must be able to take the mag from the mag industry leader.
    Armalite made this mistake 10 years ago and has change the AR10 now takes PMAG.

So you confirm that MH third batch will not take PMAG.
    Rick must have the patience of Job. I would have already refunded your deposit and told you to go away.

Chasing mag manufacturing specs is backwards. Mag manufacturers should be ensuring their products fit the rifles.

If I were Rick, with all whining going on about the Pmag, and I was making my own mags, instead of changing the rifle to fit the gen 3 Pmag, I would alter the rifle to take only mags of my own manufacture. That way I can ensure function and maximize profit for me.

Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post
    To me it seems silly to re-engineer a rifle to fit ONE mag thereby precluding the use of all others. Magpul continually changes their stuff.
    With there being several options that DO fit and function just fine and more coming I see no reason to put folks in a position where only 1 mag will work.
    We have some mags enroute from Israel (NOT CAA) that should land here in the next few days and we have decided to make mags for it ourselves, but this will take some time to get molds made. For now ASC mags made for the Robinson arms rifles along with the C Products mags made for DPMS and all the other AR 10 rifles DO work just fine. Once we know that the Israeli mags function fully we will advise, and once our own mags are in production again we will be advising.
    Why Magpul changed the location of their latch pocket, feed lips height and angles and follower angle eludes me as does what exactly they DO fit?
    I think this is a good choice. While it does suck that the industry leader does not fit, it would suck more to have multiple MHR models chasing magpul every time they make a new generation. My vote for your mags is 10 rd pinned to 5, 20 rd is too big for my taste!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I agree. Magpul has their own corporate decisions to make to supply military and massive USA interests.
    The USA market is ...well the USA market. It is so vastly different than ours.
    MH will never be in the USA., and ATRS needs to look after their own business interests for the limited Canadian market size.
    I have my XCR mags as well as ASC mags piled up. What Magpul does is of little interest to me. There are no lack of choices for mags.
    Besides, once ATRS makes their own mags, it opens the door for their custom sized mags for the future calibers that Magpul would not have in any event.
    All good.

BANNED
    I understand people`s frustration, but there are other magazines out there, as already mentioned.
    One that interests me is the Lancer L7AWM:
    http://www.lancer-systems.com/advanc...hter-magazine/

I would pick up a couple of these if I could, as well as some in 5.56/.223

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    sooo.. what is your point? The MH is not an AR10 nor is it required to follow any SR25/M110 pattern.

It is a ATRS Modern Hunter. There are good mags that work presently available. And the future is then.....not now.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer polskiogorki's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by farshot View Post
    sooo.. what is your point? The MH is not an AR10 nor is it required to follow any SR25/M110 pattern.

It is a ATRS Modern Hunter. There are good mags that work presently available. And the future is then.....not now.

I would say a big percentage of the people willing to pony up 4k+ for these new MH's ( myself included) are buying one so they can have a non restricted ar10... aside from the obvious differences.
    But you are correct, they are not required to follow any rules or guidelines, however, with how much attention and popularity these rifles will draw to themselves not being able to accept the most popular, inexpensive and easiest to obtain 308 mag on the market will be a big negative strike against it.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mildot's Avatar
    This thread is brutal, the MH will prevail in the end, if at the end of the day, if my fellow CGN'ers needed some Gen 2 mags, I have 6 I would trade for Gen 3's as my rifle is G2G with them. Relax and enjoy the MH "Koolaid" it doesn't come around that often. Cheers Rick
    Last edited by mildot; 04-06-2015 at 07:55 PM.
    Certified Colt, Glock, REM, S&W, SIG, Tikka Armourer
    "Infil, Hit Target, Mission Complete, Exfil, Easy Day"

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast