Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Super Sabra Lightning Bow Trigger (IWI Tavor)

So I just came back from shooting my Tavor with the new trigger bow installed and it shot great only one little thing that I think might be an issue but maybe i'm just being paranoid.

Ok so when I installed the bow it all went in first try the spring dropped in the hole fully no rubbing anywhere I was like ok maybe I am just that awesome like everyone says I am with the safety on I adjusted the set screw until it the slack was gone and I flipped the safety on and off a few dozen times if I took the safety off and screwed in the screw a little more the safety would hit it when I tried to put the safety on so I flipped the safety on then adjusted to no slack then called it done and reassembled.

Now today I got out to shoot it and it shot with no issues but I did notice something or I think I noticed something I have the super sabra trigger pack also so when I pulled the trigger on the first shot then slow release to the click then fired again but I noticed that every trigger pull felt like it was the second stage pull because after the click if you did a full release there was no difference from a first shot pull compared to a slow release to the click then pull. I think the trigger is set between the lesser second stage and the heavier first stage pull there seems to be no difference now. I might be being paranoid here tho. I shot 100 rounds today with no issues at all so it all seems to be rainbows and unicorns but could I have an issue tho ?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer TV-PressPass's Avatar
    Holy crap that was a long block of text guy.

I put 100 rounds through mine with a Timney Trigger. It's a neat trick, no doubt about that.

I installed the trigger yesterday.

It was fun. The hardest part was removing the stock trigger from the round hole on the trigger bar.

Also, I didn't have a small enough Alan key to remove the set screw on the lightning bow to remove the retainer pin before install, or tighten it after, so I used a tiny screwdriver. I hope it's tightened down enough.

I still don't understand why that retainer pin and screw had to be removed for install.. seems like it would drop in just fine but the instructions clearly say remove it first before dropping it in.

I used the Tav Tool by ShootingSight referenced in this thread, a 308 round and some other tools to get the job done.

I still don't understand why that retainer pin and screw had to be removed for install.. seems like it would drop in just fine but the instructions clearly say remove it first before dropping it in
    The leg of the retainer pin needs to go in the second hole and seat in the groove in the trigger pin.
    Prevents the pin from walking.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    Exactly. I was just going to post that.
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

Have these went up in price, or is it just me?
    Member CSSA
    Originally Posted by ian_in_vic
    Justins, I bet that Tavor works great to get you across KGH and 96 on a Friday night.
    Quote Originally Posted by ki11ercane View Post
    You only lose what rights you freely give up.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Justins1877 View Post
    Have these went up in price, or is it just me?
    $124 Cad? Nope.

These retail at $99 USD, AEI is doing pretty decent where they are priced.
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

I should have been more clear, I was actually asking about the trigger group.. In a trigger bow thread. My bad.
    Member CSSA
    Originally Posted by ian_in_vic
    Justins, I bet that Tavor works great to get you across KGH and 96 on a Friday night.
    Quote Originally Posted by ki11ercane View Post
    You only lose what rights you freely give up.

I didn't put the retainer pin in the hole (not even sure which hole it was supposed to go in) on install. Seemed to function 100% at the range yesterday. Would you guys recommend taking it apart again to put that pin in the proper spot?

Probably a good idea. You don't need to remove the trigger though.

Get a 1/16" allen key to remove the 3-48 screw and retainer. There is a hole in front of the threaded hole for the leg of the pin, ( it'll be evident when you look down from the top with the barrel out).
    Place the leg in that hole, and push lightly until you feel resistance. Replace the screw through the retainer pin ring and start the thread one or two turns, just enough to hold it.
    If the leg seats fully you're good to go, if not tap the trigger pin until you have the groove lined up and the retainer slides down, then tighten the screw.

It's just there to prevent the trigger pin from sliding out.