Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ATRS muzzle brake.

Ooo interesting. Yeah once I'm able to get out there I'll be sure to let you know how it goes. A friend of mine also has one but without a brake so I should be able to compare them.

Quote Originally Posted by mobusten View Post
    Hows this?

That does look fantastic. What's the diameter of your barrel? Does it come with a crush washer?

D.

Quote Originally Posted by dsynk View Post
    That does look fantastic. What's the diameter of your barrel? Does it come with a crush washer?

D.
    Barrel diameter just behind the brake is about 0.8", and yes it came with a crush washer. It was a quick and easy installation, threaded on more smoothly than the thread protector that came with the rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by mobusten View Post
    Barrel diameter just behind the brake is about 0.8", and yes it came with a crush washer. It was a quick and easy installation, threaded on more smoothly than the thread protector that came with the rifle.
    Thanks mobusten. Just convinced me to go pick one up!

Cheers,
    D.

CGN Regular
    Whats reviews of this working in action on something larger than .223?

Rifle is in the shop now and am Seriously looking at getting one, but i shoot prone in different enviroments and dont want a lot of dust up, nor do i want to be completely pumbled with noise...read a few reviews on some others out there, but im guessing there are various degrees of tradeoffs. Curious where this one lies.
    When in doubt.....empty the magazine.....

Quote Originally Posted by TXS View Post
    Whats reviews of this working in action on something larger than .223?

Rifle is in the shop now and am Seriously looking at getting one, but i shoot prone in different enviroments and dont want a lot of dust up, nor do i want to be completely pumbled with noise...read a few reviews on some others out there, but im guessing there are various degrees of tradeoffs. Curious where this one lies.
    I'm using one on my Modern Hunter in .308. With the semi auto action on this rifle, the brake does help considerably with felt recoil and the violence of the action. I would recommend one. Noise is not really an issue. Dust up from the blast might be for someone laying next to you if you're in a dusty environment.

I had one put on my modern hunter and love it. So much I had the guys put one on my 30-06. My son can shoot my 30-06 out at 200 yards now accurately and he would never consider shooting a gun with more kick that a 22. That is the difference the brake has made.

Do you guys think a .223 muzzle brake would fit on a .243? Or is the .243 too big? If not, would a .308 muzzle brake work on a .243?

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jrcarbine View Post
    Do you guys think a .223 muzzle brake would fit on a .243? Or is the .243 too big? If not, would a .308 muzzle brake work on a .243?
    .243" bullets will peel a .224 cal brake right off on the first shot fired. We do allow for a few thou clearance but not enough for the 243. The 308 brake would be your best bet, you will give up a little efficiency but 243 is not exactly a hard hitter. You still should be able to spot your own shots with our AR10 type brake, assuming you barrel will take or has 5/8x24 TPI threading.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jmichelin84's Avatar
    I think I may need to pick one up for my Remington 308 lol
    Is it wrong to love the clack clack bang, but wanna run from a click tick lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12