Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AI UK barrels, lets talk about it.

AI UK barrels, lets talk about it.

Hi Guy,

I have some more questions regarding this discussion that started in the precision rifle forum.

From Wolverine:

AINA barrels, this is a sore point with us as to date they have not been available to us, we will take a new look. AINA is Accuracy International North America and we deal direct with Accuracy International in the UK. We have pursued this matter many times with AI and come up blank every time so far.
    If you would all like to e-mail AI UK and express your interest in these it cannot do any harm and may strengthen our case to get them into Canada.

Finally, I would like to wish you all a good long weekend and hope you understand if I have better things to do than monitor this forum on my long weekend.
    Best regards
    Guy

I realize that AINA gives you guys the shaft as far as getting their usa made Bartlein barrels in calibers like .260 and 6.5 creedmoor.

However AI UK, that you deal with, has barrels in every caliber except for the creedmoor. The following pic is a menu list from the UK. These are not USA made bartleins so they must be made by Accuracy International UK. I know that in France for example, they get AI's delivered with .260 rem barrels and the same goes for other European countries.

If this is incorrect then where do the Brits get these barrels from? When I surf around on UK Varminting.com, every one of those buggers has a .260 or 6.5x47 lapua barrel on their AI rifles.

Why can the Brits get these caliber barrels and you guys can't if your stock is ordered from England?

The new AT takes an AW/AX barrel, nothing has changed in that regard. Tom Irwin also stated that older models (AW/AE) will continue to be supported with barrels and parts along with the new models.

FYI all short action AI's including the new AT and AX use an AW profile barrel. AW,AE,AX,AT can take the same barrel. The new long action AXMC does not, it uses its own profile wich has a larger diameter tenon. You can't put an AE barrel on the AW,AX,AT, but you can put an AW barrel on the AE. The AE barrel has a smooth section that will not thread into the other rifles.

Last edited by J996; 04-09-2015 at 05:01 PM.

Business Member Rep
    Can you send me a link to where I can find this listing (sales@wolverinesupplies.com).
    I am curious if they are barrels that fit an AI or barrels made by AI.
    Thanks

yes i will email it to you.

Business Member Rep
    Got it, will report back when I have more info.

Thank you for looking into it.

J.

for 6.5 creedmore, guys in the states have been getting benchmark barrels for the AI. is it a possibility to get these in canada?
    6.5x284 f-class

.45 acp
    9mm

Business Member Rep
    So, we have an open conversation ongoing with AI UK about these barrels and they appear to be much more accommodating.
    Please send e-mails to sales@wolverinesupplies.com to let me know which barrel configuration you are interested in.
    I can then start to compile a list to order

Business Member Rep
    Thanks guy's, e-mails are starting to come in. I will respond to them as soon as I have more info.
    We have been back and forth with Tom Irwin from AI several times this morning already and things look quite promising.

Business Member Grumpy Wolverine's Avatar
    Wonder if I can get one in 45-120?
    If you have any questions please call or e-mail:

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com Retail Sales

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast