Thread: Web orders

CGN Regular

Web orders

Just curious if you are planning on putting in some sort of hold feature for product with the new store?

Twice I've been instore and had problems with inventory.
    First time was in the old store, i had some ammo being rung up and they found out it was already sold.
    Second time was in the new store, placed a web order for pickup, went in a few days later and it part was sold and the rest was sitting on the shelf, and on the rack.

When someone places a order for pickup, maybe someone should pick it and place it in a hold area for a specific amount of time. That way if the inventory count is off, you can call/email the customer and let them know. I'd certainly appreciate it since I drive an hour to the store.

Just a thought.
    Science. It's like magic, but with electricity!
    "....capable of firing 1200 rounds per minute" What's more impressive, is that the people he was selling to must have been capable of doing 240 mag changes per minute!! - kodiakjack

Everything gets checked against web orders before leaving the retail store. The problem is when we have big sales like we did last weekend and many things sell down to zero stock, we find out which items had wrong stock levels etc. Sorry for the issue.

For others, call before you come to pick up web orders in store if it's part of a sale or you or picking something up shortly after you order. We have two warehouses now and sometimes have to move your order to the store for pickup.

Ryan

Another thing to think about is we aren't your typical gun store. Basically our store is also one of our warehouses so there are times when things are sold online but we haven't picked them yet.