Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: pal application question

pal application question

hi i was hoping to get some advice on my pal application. I just started my cfsc today and also just found out that i will be leaving the country for a month possibly two this weekend.
    So i was wondering if i should send out my application before i leave(assuming i pass) where i wont be able to be in contact with the CFC until i get back or just wait till i get back to send the whole thing in.
    any insight would be much appreciated thanks in advance.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by t-moan View Post
    hi i was hoping to get some advice on my pal application. I just started my cfsc today and also just found out that i will be leaving the country for a month possibly two this weekend.
    So i was wondering if i should send out my application before i leave(assuming i pass) where i wont be able to be in contact with the CFC until i get back or just wait till i get back to send the whole thing in.
    any insight would be much appreciated thanks in advance.
    If your in ontario, you need to mail your test paper to the cfo for a stamp. Then they mail it back so you can send your paperwork to the rcmp. Once the rcmp get it. They're going to sit on it for 28 days. Before processing it.

If you all of your paperwork is in order, Id mail it sooner than later. Just call them when you get back and touch base with them to see where it stands and what if anything else they need. At least this way, your 28 day minimum waiting period will be out of the way.

Not sure if BC residents have to first mail their application to their CFO first like in Ontario.
    C.S.S.A. + C.C. F.R.

CGN Regular
    Send it in before you go and you'll sort of get the 28 day wait for free.
    After 28 days it will be a couple of weeks before they even attempt to contact you, and even then it will be a mailing saying call them.

You have a lot to do before leaving though with proper photos, signatures, etc.
    If you require sending the test results, you can send without and enclose a note that they will follow later.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by crash277 View Post
    If your in ontario, you need to mail your test paper to the cfo for a stamp. Then they mail it back so you can send your paperwork to the rcmp. Once the rcmp get it. They're going to sit on it for 28 days. Before processing it.
    exactly this.

it took nearly a month for the ontario cfo to send back my stamped test papers so i would send them to the cfo before you leave the country. when you get back you should have them waiting for you to submit with your application to the rcmp.... then the 28 mandatory waiting period begins before they will begin to process it.

Just make sure that you have everything in order with your application, proper picture, all witnesses signed with proper phone numbers, and your correct credit card number.

In my experience it took about three months to get my pal from the time they got my full application.

There is no reason for them to call you during the application process, so just send it off and relax!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer FLHTCUI's Avatar
    This is the first time I have heard of having to apply to the CFO and then apply with to the RCMP for a Regular PAL.
    You folks in Ontario have it really tough.
    BC, we send the paper work to the RCMP and after 28 days the PAL is returned ...if the paper work is correct and the fee attached.
    Your going away for two months(OP) just send it in and it will be waiting for you when you return home or you can wait till you return home and then send it in and again wait the 28 days or so . Your Call.
    Tight Groups,
    Rob
    Infantryman Terry J Street,2nd Battalion, PPCLI, Shilo, Man. EOT, April 4 2008 Panjwayi District Afghanistan,Constable Jimmy Ng,RCMP EOW,Sunday, September 15, 2002

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by FLHTCUI View Post
    This is the first time I have heard of having to apply to the CFO and then apply with to the RCMP
    It's not so much an application process to the CFO, as it is a pointless rubber stamp process.
    The test results get the CFO rubber stamp and are submitted with the true application.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by FLHTCUI View Post
    This is the first time I have heard of having to apply to the CFO and then apply with to the RCMP for a Regular PAL.
    You folks in Ontario have it really tough.
    BC, we send the paper work to the RCMP and after 28 days the PAL is returned ...if the paper work is correct and the fee attached.
    Your going away for two months(OP) just send it in and it will be waiting for you when you return home or you can wait till you return home and then send it in and again wait the 28 days or so . Your Call.
    Tight Groups,
    Rob
    when i did my PAL in the 90's the test paper didnt have to go to the CFO when i challened my R, the instructor placed the test in an addressed envelope to the CFO. when i asked why, he said the CFO told him that there were some issues with faked test papers so the CFO had to look at each one and stamp their approval on it.

Quote Originally Posted by awront View Post
    It's not so much an application process to the CFO, as it is a pointless rubber stamp process.
    The test results get the CFO rubber stamp and are submitted with the true application.
    yup

Thanks for all the input looks like I will send it in before i leave and hopefully have it waiting for me when i return.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast