Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Getting Newbies and Mentors together in the GTA

Quote Originally Posted by amolkapoor View Post
    Thanks Luckey and ChineseGuy, I understand how this would affect me as well (liability wise) once I get my licence and Club Membership.
    No you don't, you just needs target, we go there shoot around 200 every time so like last time 4 people 50 each,
    oh and im the only person with pal
    Last edited by satrap; 04-09-2015 at 01:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by satrap View Post
    No you don't, you just needs target, we go there shoot around 200 every time so like last time 4 people 50 each,
    oh and im the only person with pal
    Are you a member at Silverdale? Also, do you shoot 200 rounds of .22 LR amongst all 4 shooters or do you do 800 total (200 each x 4 shooters)? If it is 200 rounds per person for $50 each, it is much better than what I was offered!
    I'm curious as the nice lady at Silverdale told me over the phone that it is $40 for the shooter to come in and $20 for 100 rounds of .22LR ($40+$20 = $60). I'm guessing they supply the targets in this guess and have to assign a Range Officer to babysit?

Are you a member at Silverdale? Also, do you shoot 200 rounds of .22 LR amongst all 4 shooters or do you do 800 total (200 each x 4 shooters)? If it is 200 rounds per person for $50 each, it is much better than what I was offered!
    I'm curious as the nice lady at Silverdale told me over the phone that it is $40 for the shooter to come in and $20 for 100 rounds of .22LR ($40+$20 = $60). I'm guessing they supply the targets in this guess and have to assign a Range Officer to babysit?
    oh, i took my friends close or just friends, and nop we dont shoot 22lr since i haven't bought one yet , probably will in next moth, and its 200 round of 30-06 total so 50 round each, and they just pay for they bullet and we buy target from amazon, we take some bbq stuff with us so its not just all shooting, and no im not a member i will get my car in summer so until then its crown land :D

Quote Originally Posted by satrap View Post
    oh, i took my friends close or just friends, and nop we dont shoot 22lr since i haven't bought one yet , probably will in next moth, and its 200 round of 30-06 total so 50 round each, and they just pay for they bullet and we buy target from amazon, we take some bbq stuff with us so its not just all shooting, and no im not a member i will get my car in summer so until then its crown land :D
    I have been looking for crown land, but to my avail i couldn't locate any. Please enlighten me? Also, as someone mentioned before, do i need a hunters license just incase?

Hey Crasheralex,

I called up Silverdale to figure out costs as I had taken their promotional Handgun introduction course initially and was just in the right place at the right time to be able to shoot a Ruger 10/22(which is what I'll get as my first rifle the day my licence arrives), but they are currently charging $60 for unlicenced to shoot 100 rounds of .22LR.
    I might end up going for this $60 package again this weekend or next, as I now understand it is a liability issue for members, but it is actually $120 for me as wifey will be going along again. She is into handguns though, go figure! ��

Thanks again for your response.

Amol
    It must have been cheeper because I have my license and I brought my own gun and ammo. I didn't take any courses or anything I just went there to shoot some targets. They recorded my pal number and gave me an id that said I was a non-member
    "Take a deep breath, and find your balls..."

I'm always happy to help out new shooters. I remember what it was like waiting. PM me and we can work something out...
    Last edited by Innavedaw; 04-11-2015 at 06:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gptt916 View Post
    I have been looking for crown land, but to my avail i couldn't locate any. Please enlighten me? Also, as someone mentioned before, do i need a hunters license just incase?
    no you dont, and use this topic
    http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...nd-to-Shoot-On

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12