Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Very Disappointed with The Epp's Bluing Process

My shop wont even blue a beadblasted gun. If we bead blast, we usually parkerize. To get a good blue, parts must be polished to a mirror finish

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by vviking View Post
    Did you see a sample or ask questions before having your old Colt refinished?.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Can-down View Post
    Perhaps a med polish instead of bead blast would have come out more to your liking.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by mobusten View Post
    Yeah I'd like to see a photo too.
    Maybe he expected something like this when asking for a 'blued' finish.

True, probably the most complained about sponsor it seems
    Quote Originally Posted by jasondhaynes View Post
    How many people have to post there issues with Epps before people stay away?
    No sympathy

CGN Ultra frequent flyer haha49's Avatar
    I know dlask arms does blueing it tends to come out dark but you still do see some blue. It all depends on how it was finished. They do 2 types of finish 1 is matte and 1 is polished on the 22lr barrels they make. 1 basicily is just polished on the buffing wheel 1 isn't and it has a much darker finish because of it. Polished finish will give you a nice blue finish. They're both blued finishs at the end just 1 looks like it's black 1 looks way more blue.

If you asked for it to be bead blasted then blued then it comes out very dark that's normal. If you went with polished finish then it would of been blue and shiny.
    Last edited by haha49; 04-10-2015 at 12:01 AM.

CGN frequent flyer
    you really need to post a pic for people to decide if you are right or wrong

Never tried Epps for any sort of gun repair. I would be interesting as to know what type of bluing do they offer and what type you selected? I am with everyone else on the picture thing. You need to include pics

Super Moderator
    The ones that I have blasted and blued came up flat black.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Magellann's Avatar
    The final color of the bluing depends on the steel alloy of the parts being blued, and on the bluing salts that are used. It will be a different color or shade on different parts.

Quote Originally Posted by K-Roc View Post
    True, probably the most complained about sponsor it seems
    When you are one of the largest privately-owned businesses in the industry, you expect to hear both the good and the bad from customers. Take a look through the boards here and you will find plenty of reviews from customers who are more than satisfied with the service we provide on a day-to-day basis. Strangely enough, no one wants to jump on that bandwagon when someone says "Hey, they did great!", yet every single negative review never fails to blow up into multiple-page rants from the same few individuals who decide to contribute to the nonsense.

Charles U Farley: Funny you should post that picture. I overheard the conversation between our manager and this client. He was specifically asked if he expected his firearm to turn out in Smurf blue. His response was a "Yes". Go figure.

I guess we'll have to tell our gunsmiths to a few melted crayons to the bluing tank next time.
    Last edited by Harrier .45; 04-10-2015 at 09:19 AM.
    If gun owners in this country were truly a threat, do you really think our politicians would have lasted this long??

Quote Originally Posted by Harrier .45 View Post
    Charles U Farley: Funny you should post that picture. I overheard the conversation between our manager and this client. He was specifically asked if he expected his firearm to turn out in Smurf blue. His response was a "Yes". Go figure.

I guess we'll have to tell our gunsmiths to a few melted crayons to the bluing tank next time.
    And that is the sort of FU attitude you can expect from Epps. BS about Smurf Blue and crayons in the blueing tank.

I've seen a couple of Epps blueing jobs and agree with the OP. I wouldn't let them work on any of my guns.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast