Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5789101112131415

Thread: SKS to AR mag adapter prototype

CGN Ultra frequent flyer skneub's Avatar
    Was Tween Digby and Yarmouth .....Escaped back home to Alberta :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by notsorichguy View Post
    Just out of curiosity.....

Will the adapters be shipped with instructions on where the receiver/bolt need to me modded? ( with pictures etc.)

Does the kit ship with a magazine?

Will stripper clips still work to load mags from an open bolt after this mod is done?

Is it possible to switch back to the original mag after the receiver and bolt are altered? (Or in other words is this conversion permanent?)

Thanks!
    Cheers!
    I can not load mine with stripper clips( But I have 6 XCR mags so who cares lol) I would expect no matter how Hical's design is made that the Mag will still be what prevents effective loading with stripper clips.

Even with the mods done to my receiver I figure I can swap back(but might require a trigger group)
    Hical's design may differ in this respect :-)
    Unsure

No idea if stripper clips can be used, but even with my xcr mags, I like the idea of being able to use stripped clips =) If not oh well.
    Travis Kay
    Proverbs 4:27
    http://www.traviskay.ca [laughably dated]
    http://linkedin.com/in/kaytravis

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dexter Morgan's Avatar
    No idea if stripper clips can be used, but even with my xcr mags, I like the idea of being able to use stripped clips =) If not oh well.
    I'm guessing that most people using AR-magazines will also be using an optics rail.

The optics rail will already prevent the use of stripper clips, so it won't be an issue for most people.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer skneub's Avatar
    Was Tween Digby and Yarmouth .....Escaped back home to Alberta :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Morgan View Post
    I'm guessing that most people using AR-magazines will also be using an optics rail.

The optics rail will already prevent the use of stripper clips, so it won't be an issue for most people.

very true, I still use the irons.

There is an extra satisfying aspect to hitting a gong at 160 yards with irons when the guy 20 feet down cant hit it with a scope