Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: SKS to AR mag adapter prototype

Tagged..me want
    curiosity may have killed the cat....but at least the Lil bigger died knowing..

We just wanted to post that we had a phone conversation with Marcus, from the US SKS mag adapter & resolved any issues that have been ongoing here on the forums. He is a very reasonable fellow to talk with. We have agreed to alter the final version so it does not resemble his version as much. We will alter our prototype & start production. Thanks for everyones support & understanding, especially Marcus! Dave.
    High Caliber Service Corp, Proudly serving the shooting Community since 2008. Canada’s largest assortment of Firearm accessories online & in store, 33154 1st ave, Mission, BC. V2V 1G4

We offer PAL, RPAL & CORE courses for the Fraser valley/ Vancouver area: www.palcore.ca

Call us at 604-BUY-GUNS, (289-4867) or at hical@shaw.ca

Like us on Facebook for all the latest info

SERVICE is our middle name!

BANNED
    H
    Quote Originally Posted by hical.ca View Post
    We just wanted to post that we had a phone conversation with Marcus, from the US SKS mag adapter & resolved any issues that have been ongoing here on the forums. He is a very reasonable fellow to talk with. We have agreed to alter the final version so it does not resemble his version as much. We will alter our prototype & start production. Thanks for everyones support & understanding, especially Marcus! Dave.
    Right on!

Quote Originally Posted by hical.ca View Post

That is professionalism.
    Good stuff !

CGN Regular
    What kind of alteration will be made to the adapter can you tell us yet?
    Also will this affect the timescale for production at all?

Thanks.

BANNED
    Dave, good talking with you today. I appreciate your honesty and being forthright with me. We wish you guys the best and hope you sell a ton of your AR to SKS adapters, using XCR, LAR unmodified mags !!! For us in the USA, it's easier (and less costly) to modify the mags to work than modify the rifle. BTW, if any of our Canadian friends happen to own a AR 15 with a x39 upper, the mags ARE interchangeable. That was one of the hurdles we had to successfully resolve.

Dave, if you ever make this far south, stop by for a rare to medium rare fillet or rib-eye, bacon wrapped scallops or lobster tail, some really cold beer and a loaded baked potato.

Best,
    Marcus

Now, how do I get rid of the infractions. They weren't intentional.

What's wrong with the mag the sks already has when you buy it. ? And why is this better? It doesn't matter what the mag looks like, or how cool it is. They all still have to be a max 5 rounds. Which brings me back to my first question.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer skneub's Avatar
    Was Tween Digby and Yarmouth .....Escaped back home to Alberta :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1mlt View Post
    Dave, good talking with you today. I appreciate your honesty and being forthright with me. We wish you guys the best and hope you sell a ton of your AR to SKS adapters, using XCR, LAR unmodified mags !!! For us in the USA, it's easier (and less costly) to modify the mags to work than modify the rifle. BTW, if any of our Canadian friends happen to own a AR 15 with a x39 upper, the mags ARE interchangeable. That was one of the hurdles we had to successfully resolve.

Dave, if you ever make this far south, stop by for a rare to medium rare fillet or rib-eye, bacon wrapped scallops or lobster tail, some really cold beer and a loaded baked potato.

Best,
    Marcus

Now, how do I get rid of the infractions. They weren't intentional.

Glad to see you guys are getting along :-)
    I dunno if you can get rid of them any way except for them to expire .
    perhaps talk to admin ?

Btw i have one of your adaptors....
    I blame you for me going thru so much stinkin ammo lol

CGN Ultra frequent flyer skneub's Avatar
    Was Tween Digby and Yarmouth .....Escaped back home to Alberta :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by awinchester85 View Post
    What's wrong with the mag the sks already has when you buy it. ? And why is this better? It doesn't matter what the mag looks like, or how cool it is. They all still have to be a max 5 rounds. Which brings me back to my first question.
    Wrong

The rifle is not regulated , The mag is...
    in this case you will remove the factory mag and use a detachable pistol mag.
    That just happens to work , And is legal with 10 rounds of the ammo it was designed to hold.
    Hope that helps

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by skneub View Post
    Glad to see you guys are getting along :-)
    I dunno if you can get rid of them any way except for them to expire .
    perhaps talk to admin ?

Btw i have one of your adaptors....
    I blame you for me going thru so much stinkin ammo lol
    LOL, see guys, our design really does work. I hope HiCal can get their design to work as well as our does. Thanks for the 'good press'.

Marcus