Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: SKS to AR mag adapter prototype

CGN frequent flyer CraigNConnor's Avatar
    is this for real any are you people seriously going to spend the cost of the rifle on a mag well adaptor?

Quote Originally Posted by hical.ca View Post
    We are checking interest on an AR mag adapter for the SKS we are thinking of producing here in Canada. It will allow use of Cheaper AR mags or the XCR 10 round pistol mags in your SKS. These are drop free for very fast mag changes. Send an Email to hical@shaw.ca to be on the preorder notification list. We will let you know when they arrive, no payment needed until we ship! The drawback is you need to do some mods to the rifle to fit them. They need the stock widened to fit the adapter. You will need to thin the bolt base to allow for drop free with closed bolt:

You will also need to remove some material from the receiver to clear the mags, unless you want to modify the 5 rd mags to fit. We do not reccomend modifying the 10 rd mags, as we need to use them unmodified!

Here are some pics of the prototype, give us your opinions, they will be in the $250 price range. Thanks!

these will be cool.

Will you have to clear the stock out to make the adaptor fit?

Yes, you will have to open up the stock.
    High Caliber Service Corp, Proudly serving the shooting Community since 2008. Canada’s largest assortment of Firearm accessories online & in store, 33154 1st ave, Mission, BC. V2V 1G4

We offer PAL, RPAL & CORE courses for the Fraser valley/ Vancouver area: www.palcore.ca

Call us at 604-BUY-GUNS, (289-4867) or at hical@shaw.ca

Like us on Facebook for all the latest info

SERVICE is our middle name!

Sold.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    It might be worth having your recoil stock made for the adaptor right from the manufacturer.
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.

Quote Originally Posted by shaddp View Post
    Too much work for not enough gain IMO, I'm not scared of gunsmithing at all myself but if I'm putting in that time and effort I could do something a lot more useful like a trigger job and polishing feedramps etc. Well you don't often notice the polishing unless you had a problem like my sig mosquito did but the trigger job you sure do
    WTF are you even trying to say? First you claim it's too much work and then go on to describe work you've done that "you don't often notice". If you're not scared of gunsmithing and you've evidently invested enough time to do some of it with no noticeable result, how could it be too much work, considering you get another 5 rounds? You're confused.

I'd be in, but not at that money. Which is the exact same sentiment I felt when I discovered the US made adapter. Excitement, then "hellll no"...for that money I can just buy another SKS and have them both loaded. Fire one then the other, voila 10 rounds!

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovegunz View Post
    I'd be in, but not at that money. Which is the exact same sentiment I felt when I discovered the US made adapter. Excitement, then "hellll no"...for that money I can just buy another SKS and have them both loaded. Fire one then the other, voila 10 rounds!
    Lol. The Mormon reload... Interesting perspective, for sure.

This just makes our laws look so ridiculous.
    2 guys with sks's, 1 with this mag adapter, and one with an unpinned factory mag. Both holding the same amount of the same ammo in the same gun.. One goes to jail, one is fine.

There is no "common sense" in any of our firearms laws.