Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: SKS to AR mag adapter prototype

BANNED
    seems much cheaper to invest in a good rivet gun,,and a bag of rivets,,LOL..spending this kind of money on an SKS,,,REALLY,,LOL..

Ummm .... Let me think here ..!!!
    Mag adapter !!! Reliability ?! Functionality ?! Testing ?! Cost (gold plated)?! Design and manufacture ?! Warranty ?! Approved by Simonov ?!
    I'm a traditional kinda person when it comes to the SKS rifle !
    The original design and functions of the rifle are superb, I find it faster to load with stripper clips than after market mags. I'm not against any new and improvements when it comes to firearms.
    I do not see anything wrong with the SKS the way it was designed and built !
    That's my story and I'm sticking to it !!!!! Choices Choices ......!
    Just sayin' !
    Peace

Super Moderator
    It would be a good idea for some members to review the guidelines for posting in a business' forum.

Lightbulb Manner and Etiquette in the Business Member Forums

Quote Originally Posted by tiriaq View Post
    It would be a good idea for some members to review the guidelines for posting in a business' forum.

The business forums are the private forums of the paid business members. When you enter into their forums, you should see yourself as entering into their virtual store fronts. Therefore, it is a reasonable to behave in the same manner and observe the same etiquette as if you are meeting the store staff and owners in person. If you are rude or attempt to disrupt their business in their own forums or storefronts, they have the right to remove your postings and presence, and ask you not to post in their forums(or enter their storefronts) again. If you don’t cease and desist after you have been asked to stop by the store owner, that will be consider as harassment. If you do not agree with their prices, move along. The business forum is NOT the place you will use the prices of other businesses to attempt to obtain price match, or to advertise prices and availability of businesses other than the owner of that particular business forum.

Furthermore, if you have an issue with a business member, it is a common practice to make an attempt to resolve the issue with the business member privately. ( A reasonable person will not enter a store and scream at the top of him lung to gather everyone's attention and make a scene, will he?) If you have not been able to resolve this issue and made a posting in the forum, the issue could only be posted once. If a member has a particular issue with a business member and the issue is being purposely and repeatedly posted in the business member's forum, the business member can ask you to stop. If it continues, it will be treated as harassment and the moderator may step in and apply forum rules.

This policy is part of the forum rules. All forum rules will be enforced.

I visited Hical today and checked out this mag adapter.. Boss man showed me how it was installed and looked very easy to do. Pretty sure you could do it all with a dremel... I will definitely get my sks done! Same mags as my vz can't go wrong. Another plus is this adapter is made in CANADA!

I'm interested. If it saves me money on conversion of funds and shipping. Why wouldn't I go with the Canada first option .
    Pro Patria

What would a guy pay for an SKS D? $500 or so? I'm not sure but it would be close to what someone would pay for an SKS and this mag conversion would it not? Give the guys a break who are showing interest in this upgrade. I want an SKS D but good luck finding one. Maybe I'll buy one of these mag converted SKS's just because I can and for no other reason.

Wow, enough rumors & speculations. We did not want to get into arguments on a public forum, but we want to explain the difference between our product & the USA one.
    There has to be some similarities to make them work in an SKS rifle, but this is what we found by comparing the different units when we did a side by side comparison between our mag adapter and the one from the states over the weekend.

Here is a list of the main differences:

ours is longer to provide better magazine support
    ours has a mag well flare for faster mag changes
    ours has a larger mag release button for easier mag changes
    ours has a slightly lower location for the mag release button
    ours has a different mag catch arm with different geometry so it can't bind, this is a problem with the USA design
    if the magazine does get stuck, our design facilitates reaching inside to manually depress the mag catch

you cannot push the mag release button too far allowing the mag catch to fall out of position, this is a problem with the USA design
    Less modification required to the sks stock is required as ours is thinner profile.

the USA designs website clearly states "It is designed to use only ASC, 5, 10, 20 or 30 round, modified 7.62x39 AR 15 style magazines"
    Our design was designed to work with any ar 15 style magazine from any manufacturer, no modification are required. Our system will work with any standard unmodified magazine designed for that specific caliber, including 10 round pistol mags, with NO modification!

the USA design does not need a modification to the sks rifle, ours does require some material to be removed from the lower receiver

We understand that our design looks similar to the USA design, but this is just a prototype as explained in the original post. There are several areas that interface with the rifle and magazine thus the dimensions are restricted. We will still make changes to further enhance, improve and set our design apart from the USA design.

Ours says "made in Canada" not "made in Texas"....

Thank you for the positive response to our design that is 100% made, manufactured and distributed in Canada. 100% of the money goes to Canadians!

Thank you for your support! Dave.
    Last edited by hical.ca; 04-14-2015 at 01:56 PM.
    High Caliber Service Corp, Proudly serving the shooting Community since 2008. Canada’s largest assortment of Firearm accessories online & in store, 33154 1st ave, Mission, BC. V2V 1G4

We offer PAL, RPAL & CORE courses for the Fraser valley/ Vancouver area: www.palcore.ca

Call us at 604-BUY-GUNS, (289-4867) or at hical@shaw.ca

Like us on Facebook for all the latest info

SERVICE is our middle name!

I love em hurry up and get these on the market. Every so often something new comes out for the SKS and renews my energy about them.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer ShawnC6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hend238 View Post
    What would a guy pay for an SKS D? $500 or so? I'm not sure but it would be close to what someone would pay for an SKS and this mag conversion would it not? Give the guys a break who are showing interest in this upgrade. I want an SKS D but good luck finding one. Maybe I'll buy one of these mag converted SKS's just because I can and for no other reason.
    If you find an SKS-d that cheap let me know.

People are just just cheap because of being spoiled by Sks prices. Ask them one other semi auto with detachable magazines in a decent caliber for under $600 and the argument falls apart.