Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 911121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: SAM "Long Slide"

Quote Originally Posted by spf99 View Post
    Just placed my deposit with one of the most pleasant staff members I have spoken too. Wish I would have caught her name. Looking forward to my 1st SAM.
    Ironically her name is Sam and sadly today is her last day with us, we are all going to miss her

CGN Ultra frequent flyer trebor2880's Avatar
    I'm in the market for another SAM. I had my Omega 6(40S&W) out this morning and have it functioning perfect, now.
    I'm using a Wilson Combat .45ACP clip magazine and it's totally reliable, and also very accurate.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by PerversPépère View Post
    HEY, GUYS!
    THE QUESTION IS FOR A PLAIN JANE LONG SLIDE 45acp 1911. i think this is clear enough, no?

As it is, the price is quite good.

Now, for those who long for a cheap longslide 10mm. Auto pistol, this is an entirely different set of parameters and not an easy one.

If you want a cheaper alternative, why someone hasn't yet found a way to import 460 Rowland drop-in slide and barrel kits here, in Canada? For about $260.00 U.S. you'd be able to convert your Good Ole Norinco and get 44 Mag performance in a 1911-size gun.
    ht tp://460rowland.com/authentic-460-rowland-onversions/

Wolverine, are you listening?

PP.
    You mean like this? There's no need for an importer, they already ship to Canada. I ordered mine from the website you listed before Christmas, so unless something has changed recently, anyone else should be able to do the same.

And on that note, I guess it's time to put my money where my mouth is and order one of these longslide SAM's. I was really looking forward to a two tone, but I can make that happen myself.
    Kristian

Interested to know how the response has been so far... I know these threads sometimes get into a lot of talk and no action. I hope that the effort by wolverine is appreciated! Being in the industry I know how much BS is involved and while I have no experience with dealing with a manufacturer directly (as in custom orders) I can imagine that its probably tedious. I hope its a success and while I really cant afford another gun right now I will put my money where my mouth is and put my deposit in tomorrow.

Thanks John and all the staff at Wolverine, maybe I'll see some of you at SHOT show 2016.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Zombies! Where the f@$# are all the zombies? That's the trouble with zombies, they're unreliable.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWharGoul View Post
    Interested to know how the response has been so far... I know these threads sometimes get into a lot of talk and no action. I hope that the effort by wolverine is appreciated! Being in the industry I know how much BS is involved and while I have no experience with dealing with a manufacturer directly (as in custom orders) I can imagine that its probably tedious. I hope its a success and while I really cant afford another gun right now I will put my money where my mouth is and put my deposit in tomorrow.

Thanks John and all the staff at Wolverine, maybe I'll see some of you at SHOT show 2016.
    So far, extremely disappointing, only three deposits taken. I don't object to carrying inventory but this is not very encouraging.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mildcustom2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    So far, extremely disappointing, only three deposits taken. I don't object to carrying inventory but this is not very encouraging.
    Well you did increase the price from $685 in your original post to $799 in your pre order post.

I'm still interested despite that but have a few other priorities I must look after first.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer luke s's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    I think it's the dollar/exchange at the moment. They are almost a grand after tax and shipping now.
    I want it, just can't afford it at the moment unfortunately.
    Would have to sell a gun or 2 before I could commit at the moment. Hoping you do stock a few for the future though

BANNED
    The gun has had upgrades since the first post: Target rear and fiber optic front sight, and checkered front strap.

Like I said, it's $1000 all in for a non-first-tier manufacturer (e.g. Springfield, Colt, Kimber, Les Baer). Roughly twice the price out the door of my Military Enhanced, which makes it less of a good value.

FF

Quote Originally Posted by mildcustom2 View Post
    Well you did increase the price from $685 in your original post to $799 in your pre order post.

I'm still interested despite that but have a few other priorities I must look after first.
    Quote Originally Posted by luke s View Post
    I think it's the dollar/exchange at the moment. They are almost a grand after tax and shipping now.
    I want it, just can't afford it at the moment unfortunately.
    Would have to sell a gun or 2 before I could commit at the moment. Hoping you do stock a few for the future though

I would pay in full for one right now if it came with plain fixed sights, at approx $685.00, as it started.
    But I guess everyone else wanted adjustable / fiber optic sights.
    Paying a $100 premium for a feature I don't want was a deal killer for me. Sorry, but true.

CGN Regular
    Not having it in stainless is what stopped a lot of guys from ordering one I was going to order one and also my son I still might order one in blued
    If there is no possibility that it will ever come out in stainless.I don't care for the finish on their blued guns.