Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 10121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: SAM "Long Slide"

CGN Regular
    $100.00 more for the new version but you get adjustable sights,front strap checkering and fibre optic sights I would say that's a good deal.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mark-II's Avatar
    Sorry, John - I just can't justify it myself beyond the "golly gee whizz a longslide" factor, and cash is too tight to buy golly gee whizz guns right now.

I have to face it - I'm a 15 yard plinker, so I don't need it from the accuracy standpoint, I like the balance of the standard length and commander (so might not even like the long one), and SAM isn't visually appealing enough to buy even partly for the fondle-factor - if they even did a semi-polished norinco 1911a1-type bluing, that would look yards better than the header-paint look of my Omega.

I guess the question is who is the target audience and how do you woo them away from what they would otherwise be buying?

Quote Originally Posted by jakebrake View Post
    Not having it in stainless is what stopped a lot of guys from ordering one I was going to order one and also my son I still might order one in blued
    If there is no possibility that it will ever come out in stainless.I don't care for the finish on their blued guns.
    I have asked if a Stainless version will be available in the future, I was hoping to post the answer here very shortly so customers can make a well informed decision.

Baseline, As long as its cut for standard dovetail 1911 sights and has front strap checkering I'm in. The Fiber optic and adjustable rear are nice but not required as far as I'm concerned. So no matter the iteration ends up being manufactured as long as it has the checkering I'm a go.

It is more than I want to spend currently but you have to support the effort.
    Last edited by TheWharGoul; 04-17-2015 at 11:08 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Zombies! Where the f@$# are all the zombies? That's the trouble with zombies, they're unreliable.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Full kit with long,govt and commander tops......
    Cool project Wolverine.
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Other than this not being a two tone and no mag well, it's pretty much exactly what I want, so I'm in. A bit more than I wanted to spend on a SAM, but by the time I bought goodies for my Norinco, it's almost as high. And this is a long slide. I tried to do the $100 deposit on the website, but I couldn't, so I'll phone in later today.
    Kristian

Edit. I just called in to put down a deposit and had to leave a voicemail. Would it be possible to set up the webpage for these to take deposits? Thanks,
    Kristian
    Last edited by turbo_bird; 04-17-2015 at 11:39 AM.

900 taxes in is a great price for this. If you look around, everything is up in price a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    So far, extremely disappointing, only three deposits taken. I don't object to carrying inventory but this is not very encouraging.
    I will make a deposit next Friday. I blew my firearms budget this week already. Some others may be in the same boat. For me, it's as simple as that.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I just called and paid up, this will be the second SAM from Wolverine for me this year. Can't wait to get it and I hope there's enough interest that they get made.
    Kristian
    Last edited by turbo_bird; 04-17-2015 at 07:14 PM. Reason: typo

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dumptruck's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    I have asked if a Stainless version will be available in the future, I was hoping to post the answer here very shortly so customers can make a well informed decision.
    This answer is what I am waiting for. I really want stainless.
    No matter how responsible he seems,
    never give your gun to a monkey.