Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: SAM "Long Slide"

Always wanted a long slide. Stainless with target sights, ambi, and you have me sold

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    If it's a blue 6 inch I'd wonder if it's worth buying over a 5 inch. Stainless, decked out, AMBI SAFETY, 7 inch barrel. Will buy.

Last edited by Deckard; 04-18-2015 at 08:42 AM.
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Deckard View Post
    If it's a blue 6 inch I'd wonder if it's worth buying over a 5 inch. Stainless, decked out, AMBI SAFETY, 7 inch=drool.
    ah ok.... so you are hoping for a 7 inch stainless?....

:-)

I think a large majority of people interested are waiting for a stainless version, which is why the deposits have been so dismal. I'm a fan of SAM, but their "blue" model finish is just lackluster and sub par, their polished stainless though, my god is it ever nice. No online pictures can ever do it justice, it's that nice.

A 7 or 8 inch "Tech Noir" version would sell like hotcakes for under $1k. It's been voiced many times before, make it happen Wolverine.

+1 on the stainless.

Would put a deposit down on one immediately.

Sad to hear about Sam leaving Wolverine, she was always a pleasure to deal with!
    Check other started threads for combo deals

Just put my deposit in and told them I'm in on ANY iteration AS LONG AS it has front strap checkering, is a 6"-7" barrel and out the door is less than $1000 they have my money. Stainless, Blued I don't care. I'm all in.

As always great service from Wolverine,

Kristian K.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Zombies! Where the f@$# are all the zombies? That's the trouble with zombies, they're unreliable.

CGN Regular
    Stainless, 7'' slide & barrel will do, I start wondering how complicated it is to make a 7 inch slide.....

Quote Originally Posted by leflingeur View Post
    Stainless, 7'' slide & barrel will do, I start wondering how complicated it is to make a 7 inch slide.....
    That's not the complicated part. Springs, guide rods etc... all have to be resized and ordered to newer spec's. If SAM has a supplier of these parts, and does not make them in house, that's where the issue lies. SAM makes an Iver Johnson 1911 in 6", but nothing in 7".
    An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it. -Jeff Cooper

D.V.C.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    IMHO, the 'under $1000' is not the benchmark (being the natural pattern to be more $1000 than, say $600). That is why I proposed this as a Norinco/SAM project.
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Deckard View Post
    IMHO, the 'under $1000' is not the benchmark (being the natural pattern to be more $1000 than, say $600). That is why I proposed this as a Norinco/SAM project.
    $1000 is more than I want to spend myself but I chose that number depending on if they feel going stainless will be the direction they wanted to go based on input. The feeling I'm getting is lots of people want lots of different things at norc pricing and with the dollar the way it is, I dont think thats a reality anymore. Im hopeful that we'll see a longslide at a reasonable price (And I am sure John is doing his best to keep cost down) but Im also not dreaming.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Zombies! Where the f@$# are all the zombies? That's the trouble with zombies, they're unreliable.