Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why do you guys need my Drivers License to complete an order?

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by caskenette View Post
    Maybe birth certificate next Are you in Quebec could be something new related to proving you are or are not a resident of La Belle Province I heard of the cloning stuff as well what if you did not drive= no guns for you ?
    Good question, i dunno, maybe some other form of Indentification.

Quote Originally Posted by GunGuy34 View Post
    Good question, i dunno, maybe some other form of Indentification.
    This is just a routine question we usually ask in the store when firearms are purchased to speed up the sale as more of your info is on the DL and fewer questions to ask. It's not required if you don't want to supply it but we try to be as sure as possible to confirm identity and prevent fraud. If you are uncomfortable with us having this info please send email once you have received the guns and we will remove al record of your sale with us. Phil.
    P&D Enterprises (Retail dealer in Arms, Ammo and Accessories)
    10552 115 St Nw
    Edmonton AB
    T5H 3K6
    Phone (780)420-6419
    Fax (780)420-1945
    Visit our Site http://www.p-d-ent.com

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by P of PDent View Post
    This is just a routine question we usually ask in the store when firearms are purchased to speed up the sale as more of your info is on the DL and fewer questions to ask. It's not required if you don't want to supply it but we try to be as sure as possible to confirm identity and prevent fraud. If you are uncomfortable with us having this info please send email once you have received the guns and we will remove al record of your sale with us. Phil.
    This wasnt an in person sale, It was over the phone and I had to email a copy of my driver license. In person it wouldnt have bothered me that much as its not gone out in cyberspace. Your computers have been hacked before if i remember correctly. So do you only delete customer records on request or is there a timeframe when that info is purged?

Not trying to be an ass but ya i dont want my DL sitting on your computers. My Pal i dont mind as much, as a few other vendors have an online website and my account with them has my PAL listed.

In other good news the guns are boxed and i have a tracking number already.

I've had some venders ask me as well. I might start saying no. I actually asked the CFO last time I was on the phone with them and they said no you don't need to supply that, its better you dont, wow...

You and they, are right, I don't know if I want my PAL info and address on a bunch of computers out there. Do I trust every single employee that has access to that at any given dealer I deal with? No, not really.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sailor723's Avatar
    Identity theft is too easy. My first response to someone asking for my DL info is "thanks,but no thanks, I'll buy elsewhere"
    Fan of Browning Hi-Powers and both S&W and Colt revolvers

When asked for this i just tell people i don't drive. Works for every situation but while driving. None of their business!

Your drivers license contains your address. Having this helps ensure that your purchase gets shipped to the correct location, as it is easy to transpose numbers or hear the wrong street name over the phone, that's all they want it for.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Juster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by etsdrvr View Post
    Your drivers license contains your address. Having this helps ensure that your purchase gets shipped to the correct location, as it is easy to transpose numbers or hear the wrong street name over the phone, that's all they want it for.
    If that were true, a photo of a letter you received would suffice.
    Instead of being troubled by what is really evil, people make a big fuss over what is merely conventionally evil. -Diogenes

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by etsdrvr View Post
    has nothing to do with that. i was specifically told its for security to makr sure i didnt steel the pal i was emailing the copy of. i verify my address in that email. my argument is if i stole someones wallet i could have both pal and drivers license. i think a pal and my credit card should suffice. they can check with the cfo to see if my pal matches the address i gave. in any event i wont give my drivers license info out again. we got rid of the LGR and we shouldnt have to give more info out because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by GunGuy34 View Post
    This wasnt an in person sale, It was over the phone and I had to email a copy of my driver license. In person it wouldnt have bothered me that much as its not gone out in cyberspace. Your computers have been hacked before if i remember correctly. So do you only delete customer records on request or is there a timeframe when that info is purged?

Not trying to be an ass but ya i dont want my DL sitting on your computers. My Pal i dont mind as much, as a few other vendors have an online website and my account with them has my PAL listed.

In other good news the guns are boxed and i have a tracking number already.
    Our computers have never been hacked (our web site once but not linked directly to our store network). We will delete info on request but records remain of your sale with your credit card company and Canada Post. Like I said previously in this and other threads we will not record your info if you don't want but obviously in a mail order situation we have to record your info at some point to confirm your identity, address and PAL info...after that if it's important to you we will remove all info and leave no record of you or your purchase. Phil.
    P&D Enterprises (Retail dealer in Arms, Ammo and Accessories)
    10552 115 St Nw
    Edmonton AB
    T5H 3K6
    Phone (780)420-6419
    Fax (780)420-1945
    Visit our Site http://www.p-d-ent.com

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast