Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why do you guys need my Drivers License to complete an order?

Quote Originally Posted by etsdrvr View Post
    Your drivers license contains your address. Having this helps ensure that your purchase gets shipped to the correct location, as it is easy to transpose numbers or hear the wrong street name over the phone, that's all they want it for.
    This is the main reason we ask for customers DL in the store because your address is on it and we don't have to get you to say it out loud in front of other customers who are nearby. It also speeds up our sale in the store and allows most customers to walk around without being glued to the counter to answer questions. Most of our sales people are just used to asking for DL in person and ask for it for mail order as well so the address that the item is shipped to is the same that's on the DL (in most cases). Phil.
    P&D Enterprises (Retail dealer in Arms, Ammo and Accessories)
    10552 115 St Nw
    Edmonton AB
    T5H 3K6
    Phone (780)420-6419
    Fax (780)420-1945
    Visit our Site http://www.p-d-ent.com

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by P of PDent View Post
    Our computers have never been hacked (our web site once but not linked directly to our store network). We will delete info on request but records remain of your sale with your credit card company and Canada Post. Like I said previously in this and other threads we will not record your info if you don't want but obviously in a mail order situation we have to record your info at some point to confirm your identity, address and PAL info...after that if it's important to you we will remove all info and leave no record of you or your purchase. Phil.
    Ya it was the website, your correct. Ya ill email once i recieve the goods, i just want the DL deleted.

BANNED
    This is the main reason we ask for customers DL in the store because your address is on it and we don't have to get you to say it out loud in front of other customers who are nearby. It also speeds up our sale in the store and allows most customers to walk around without being glued to the counter to answer questions. Most of our sales people are just used to asking for DL in person and ask for it for mail order as well so the address that the item is shipped to is the same that's on the DL (in most cases). Phil.
    The lady that was helping me said it was for security to ensure i didnt steal the PAL. Had nothing to do with confirming an address, as I do that in the Email when i send a copy of my PAL. Id have no issues doing it in person in the store, its the cyberspace thing, more info thats out there the easier it is for someone to get hold of. Anyhow, from what your saying its not required for purchase so next time i just wont send it. Ill email to have my info deleted once i recieve my shotguns.

Thanks.

Let it go....

BANNED
    [QUOTE=4n2t0;11279726]Let it go....[/

stfu

BANNED
    I got my answer phil you can lock the thread now if you wish.

Quote Originally Posted by GunGuy34 View Post
    stfu
    Stay classy!

What else do you want? A pint of blood? LMAO.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Onagoth's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratzilla View Post
    Stores locally usually ask for DL to verify identity when paying for a CC. Maybe it's just their store policy.
    Most credit card companies have merchant agreements which prohibit this
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.

- Richard Feynman

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Onagoth's Avatar
    What if someone doesnt have a DL?
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.

- Richard Feynman

We do not record any info from your DL...only compare it with POL and get the address to make sure we are sending it to the right place. We then delete the email or fax. That's it, no other reason. I hope this answers any and all questions and concerns. Phil.
    P&D Enterprises (Retail dealer in Arms, Ammo and Accessories)
    10552 115 St Nw
    Edmonton AB
    T5H 3K6
    Phone (780)420-6419
    Fax (780)420-1945
    Visit our Site http://www.p-d-ent.com

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast