Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why do you guys need my Drivers License to complete an order?

BANNED

Why do you guys need my Drivers License to complete an order?

Just ordered a couple of shotguns and was asked to email copy of PAL and Drivers License. I can understand the PAL, but the Drivers License? If i stole the PAL i could have stole the Drivers License as well. I have ordered before from you guys and I was just asked for my PAL and range membership when buying a restricted.

Is this a new thing? In todays world the less info thats out there the better. I figured my PAL and Credit card info over the phone should suffice.

Is this store policy now.

Thanks

CGN Ultra frequent flyer caramel's Avatar
    Never heard of the driver licence infos before, interrested at that... JP.

BANNED
    I ended up emailing the Drivers License as i didnt want the order delayed and the lady said she had to have it.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Might need to verify PAL and shipping address?
    Member: CSSA

What am I thinking........? If I wanted you to know, I'd be talking!

Stores locally usually ask for DL to verify identity when paying for a CC. Maybe it's just their store policy.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by soulchaser View Post
    Might need to verify PAL and shipping address?
    nah. i send my address in the email. wanstalls and wolverine just want pal and credit card info. maybe the employee was just new. will find out when phil replys.

BANNED
    i dont see a reason to require your drivers license,,,that's a new one..

They're probably just trying to steal your identity and/or clone you. Seen it in a movie once... Guy was told it was just a routine eye exam then BOOM buddy comes home to his clone shaggin his wife and smoking his cubans. I'd be on guard...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer burnaby's Avatar
    Recall DL for pwr and primer. Nothing for brass or bullets. Only need PAL for ammo, but DL good enough for all the components to make ammo. Stupid CDN firearm laws.

And yeah, now that you send in your DL better make a quick, unannounced trip home to make sure your clone isn't puffing up the cubans which are one time use unless the other activities.
    Revolvers RULE; remember that next time you BEND over to pick up brass OR ejected brass pings off the precision gear.
    Looking for a car pool buddy for weekly weekday trips from Burnaby to POCO. Better yet I'll drive weekly and you take me hunting.

Maybe birth certificate next Are you in Quebec could be something new related to proving you are or are not a resident of La Belle Province I heard of the cloning stuff as well what if you did not drive= no guns for you ?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast