Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Mossberg MVP Patrol 7.62NATO/.308WIN -- IN STOCK

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravage View Post
    I have XCR-M magazines for my Patrol they are pretty nice and work good but they are way over springed for feeding a bolt action rifle. I pulled my magazines apart and cut down the springs by 3 rungs to lighten the tension and now they feed way bullets way way smoother.
    Will they still function as XCR-M mags in an auto-loader with the springs cut?

Quote Originally Posted by yuuup! View Post
    Will they still function as XCR-M mags in an auto-loader with the springs cut?
    Probably function, but would probably have issues if used back in a semi auto. The way they were tho I would have to slam my hand hard into the bolt handle sometimes to get the bullet to move because of all the spring tension this was even more of a problem using steel cased ammo because if the steel to steel contact and it was scraping off brass from brass casing so to use them I really didn't have a choice if I wanted to use them in my MVP patrol. I don't have a 308 semi auto I bought them specifically for my MVP so it's a non issue for me but if you also have a semi that's a choice you will have to make for yourself.

Personally I did it and would do it again no question to use them in a bolt action gun.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234