Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mossberg MVP Patrol 7.62NATO/.308WIN -- IN STOCK

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WanstallsOnline View Post
    Synthetic stocks through and through, soft rubber recoil pad.
    when did that change? Mine was painted wood
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by WanstallsOnline View Post

These come standard with 16.25" medium profile barrels, spiral fluted bolts, Lightning Trigger System (like Savage's Accutrigger in practice), and five-round SR-25 style mags.
    Your website lists 10 round magazines as coming with either version: If I order the no-scope model from your website will I get a 10 round mag? Or, is that a misprint on the website and the 5 round SR-25 mags are included instead?

5 round mags most likely mine came pinned to 5
    If Canada banned guns in 1812 and it was not for armed volunteers we would be saying the pledge of allegiance right now. Call me a true Canadian but I believe the annual day we burned the white house down should be a paid holiday.

CGN Regular
    Thanks for the info. Too bad, it would have been more interesting if it came with a 10 round mag:-(

I'll try to get out to the store on Saturday and see how one of these feels in my hands...

I bought this same rifle last year for deer hunting (it was between MVP 7.62 and the Ruger gunsite). The things I like; light weight, short length, good accuracy at 100 yards,decent price, action is smooth (have had no problems with mine). What I don't like is the forestock is wide, the synthetic scratches easily and it kicks like a mule. Make sure if you buy this rifle to tighten up the piccatiny rail and scope mount. Mine would move a blonde hair every shot when sighting it in......drove me nuts for a while. Overall, good rifle! Mag is pinned to 5.....

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisin Smuggler View Post
    The things I like; light weight, short length, good accuracy at 100 yards,decent price, action is smooth (have had no problems with mine). What I don't like is the forestock is wide, the synthetic scratches easily and it kicks like a mule. Make sure if you buy this rifle to tighten up the piccatiny rail and scope mount. Mine would move a blonde hair every shot when sighting it in......drove me nuts for a while. Overall, good rifle! Mag is pinned to 5.....
    Thanks for the pointers!

CGN Regular
    Made it in to the store today and really liked it. So, one with a scope is sitting in my safe now...

Quote Originally Posted by Akronym View Post
    I've been looking @ the 5.56 version of this for a couple weeks now. Really like the idea. Ppl on the interwebz say they have rough action/bolt issues so I'm somewhat reluctant. Anyone have any experience with the MVP in any calibre good or bad I'd love to hear about it.
    i have the mvp predator model 5.56, the bolt is wonky, lots of play when not in battery. when it is in battery, solid as a rock. it is 1moa, when i do my part or better. chambering rounds can be rough, but it is still my favorite firearm.

I mod everything of mine. Hell, my gf's sporting a wonderful pair of 36D's, thanks to my penchant for modifications!

Dirt McGirt Yo yall need ta holla at da store on yo celly not postin up in dis ma.

drooooooool

CGN Regular
    As an FYI on the processing time for certain warranty issues: I had my Patrol sitting in my safe for a couple of months after buying it and on the first day at the range I encountered problems with the scope. After a number of phone calls and emails(first to Wanstall's, who pointed me at RedlSports, who pointed me to Grech), I eventually found out I'd have to ship the scope to Grech Outdoors for warranty issues. Grech received the scope from me in July and I've been checking in with Grech every month or two. As of early November they report they are still waiting on the arrival of a replacement scope which they will ship to me. Hopefully it arrives soon but after ~5 months I'm not optimistic...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast