Thread: A few questions about selling my firearms on CGN

Question A few questions about selling my firearms on CGN

Hi folks,

I'm looking to post a few items for sale and just want to get some more info on the process involved. I bought 2 handguns on this site a few years back and everything was really easy as far as I can remember. This is the first time I'm selling so I want to make sure I do my homework before posting anything.

If someone could please point me to a link on here with more info on the whole process I'd appreciate it. In particular I'm wondering about the payment process/transferring the gun and the safest way to ship the firearm to the new owner.

Thanks in advance!

I'll provide an overview for you.

1) List the gun(s).
    2) Agree on terms.
    3) Accept payment (usually EMT).
    4) Initiate the transfer with the CFP and provide your buyer with a reference number.
    5) Buyer completes the transfer and you both wait for the CFO to approve the transfer.
    6) Once you have received CFO approval ship insured with a signature option. (Who pays? See step 2.)

Now let the pissing match begin about getting an ATT to take it to the post office! lol.
    Last edited by 4n2t0; 04-12-2015 at 02:50 PM.

CGN frequent flyer Familygunnutz's Avatar
    your feedback score is a little low, no offense meant,
    so I would usually call you and maybe initiate the transfer myself first(yes the buyer can initiate transfers too),
    that way I get your details and I know the gun is yours, you DO NOT have to complete the transfer until you receive the funds, the gun will be safely registered to you until you phone in and complete the transfer.
    Get some!!! ^^

Quote Originally Posted by 4n2t0 View Post
    I'll provide an overview for you.

1) List the gun(s).
    2) Agree on terms.
    3) Accept payment (usually EMT).
    4) Initiate the transfer with the CFP and provide your buyer with a reference number.
    5) Buyer completes the transfer and you both wait for the CFO to approve the transfer.
    6) Once you have received CFO approval ship insured with a signature option. (Who pays? See step 2.)

Now let the pissing match begin about getting an ATT to take it to the post office! lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Familygunnutz View Post
    so I would usually call you and maybe initiate the transfer myself first(yes the buyer can initiate transfers too),
    that way I get your details and I know the gun is yours, you DO NOT have to complete the transfer until you receive the funds, the gun will be safely registered to you until you phone in and complete the transfer.
    Thanks for these tips.

And no offense taken! Its the same the other way, I'll be careful with who contacts me.

I wish I had a better score on here but hopefully I can find buyers. If not, I'll be happy to hold on to these for longer.

Meh.

Quote Originally Posted by RoccoD View Post
    Thanks for these tips.

And no offense taken! Its the same the other way, I'll be careful with who contacts me.

I wish I had a better score on here but hopefully I can find buyers. If not, I'll be happy to hold on to these for longer.
    You'll always find a buyer if the item's priced properly.

Meh.
    http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...-and-bad-deals
    not from me,

also green tips just posted this not long ago.
    http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...k-For-Pictures
    http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...areness-sticky

I'm not trying to be a dick telling op what to do, just informing him to expect certain questions/requests from buyers so he knows what he is dealing with.
    Last edited by Familygunnutz; 04-12-2015 at 04:43 PM.
    Get some!!! ^^

All very good advice but what does that have to do with you initiating the transfer of my handgun? Whatever floats your boat I guess.

Cheers.

All very good advice but what does that have to do with you initiating the transfer of my handgun? Whatever floats your boat I guess.

Cheers.
    we are all trying to help op here, maybe you misunderstood me, my bad I guess.
    I said "maybe I will", and sure the op can decline, but he must expect someone might ask.
    I have had buyers wanting to initiate(initiate, not complete) the transfer on my handgun(one way to prove my legal procession of the handgun) before payment, when I had only 2 feedback scores, I saw no harm in that.

as with the links I provided, there is a newly added line 12) Consider asking the seller to prove possession of the item and the authenticity of the picture posted in the ad by requesting a picture of the item with a specific item of your request. For example, you may want to consider asking the seller to post a picture of the item next to the computer screen with his/her account profile on display.

I will never ask to initiating the transfer of your handgun 4n2t0 because you have 23 good feedbacks and over 1k posts, I will EMT you right after "I'll take it".
    Last edited by Familygunnutz; 04-12-2015 at 05:15 PM.
    Get some!!! ^^

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...-and-bad-deals
    not from me,

also green tips just posted this not long ago.
    http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...k-For-Pictures
    http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...areness-sticky

I'm not trying to be a dick telling op what to do, just informing him to expect certain questions/requests from buyers so he knows what he is dealing with.
    we are all trying to help op here, maybe you misunderstood me, my bad I guess.
    I said "maybe I will", and sure the op can decline, but he must expect someone might ask.
    I have had buyers wanting to initiate(initiate, not complete) the transfer on my handgun(one way to prove my legal procession of the handgun) before payment, when I had only 2 feedback scores, I saw no harm in that.

as with the links I provided, there is a newly added line 12) Consider asking the seller to prove possession of the item and the authenticity of the picture posted in the ad by requesting a picture of the item with a specific item of your request. For example, you may want to consider asking the seller to post a picture of the item next to the computer screen with his/her account profile on display.

I will never ask to initiating the transfer of your handgun 4n2t0 because you have 23 good feedbacks and over 1k posts, I will EMT you right after "I'll take it".
    Thanks guys! I'll take some photos later this week and post them up on EE.