Page 10 of 123 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617182030 ... LastLast

Thread: ATRS Modern hunter specs, pics and range reports

Quote Originally Posted by Mono View Post
    Just picked it up yesterday. Can't wait to get out and give it a try!

I was there when you picked it up. Beautiful in person! (the rifle.. not you!)

Business Member Rep. ATRS Shaun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormchaser View Post
    Love this thread! What bipod do you have on their?
    That's a versa-pod, with the pic-rail adapter. Excellent bipod system, and when you've got a couple of them, and a few adapters, you can swap them so quick and easy between all your rifles. You can check them out on our website HERE. They have a multitude of models, that particular one I believe was a 7-9". The Bi-pod goes for $175, and comes with the adapter for standard rifle sling studs. The pic rail adapter is around $85.

Quote Originally Posted by 6MT View Post
    I talked with Shawn on Tuesday. He told me that they are still waiting for thier barrel shipment. He told me that in a month, they will start to roll out the doors in earnest. Mine is right around the 100 mark on the list. I don't expect mine will be done before the begining of August. Disappointing? Yes. But I have lots to keep me occupied, so I'm not angry.
    Close to true. Sorry if I gave you that impression about the barrels, I'll clarify here. About a month ago, Proof let their export permit expire, which took a bit of time to get sorted. We received a handful of barrels before the permit, and since the permit we have received more still. They are sending them up fairly steady currently, but obviously there is a bit of a back log.

To address concerns about your spot in "The List". We are trying to complete the rifles as close to the order as possible, but depending on the length of barrels that arrive and caliber, we are putting together what we have.
    (Proof has been thus far only sent us 18.6" carbon fiber 308 barrels, and they are our suppler for many of the stainless 308 barrels as well)

The good news, on Friday another dozen arrived!

Quote Originally Posted by wonger View Post
    Me too!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer orthoboy's Avatar
    Fingers crossed...

Quote Originally Posted by wonger View Post

Ouch. A backhanded compliment if ever there was one, though it's tough to argue about the rifle.

And yes, Shaun is correct. It's a versapod - feels pretty solid.

Love this thread! What bipod do you have on there?
    That would be a Versapod.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Stormchaser's Avatar
    Thank you!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer polskiogorki's Avatar
    If anyone else ordered the austrian hirt 7.62x51 surplus let us know how your modern hunter likes it!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Stormchaser's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by polskiogorki View Post
    If anyone else ordered the austrian hirt 7.62x51 surplus let us know how your modern hunter likes it!!
    I tried the south Africa stuff from p&d and shooting gongs offhand from you 100 was child's play. I met a guy from Cabellas north Edmonton who was shooting the gongs at 100 like playing notes.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer orthoboy's Avatar
    I am so darn excited to get mine. Stupid me for ordering olive drab and going to the very end of the line (or so it seems).

CGN Ultra frequent flyer HeadDamage's Avatar
    I tried the south Africa stuff from p&d and shooting gongs offhand from you 100 was child's play. I met a guy from Cabellas north Edmonton who was shooting the gongs at 100 like playing notes.
    I should hope so, an SKS with surplus ammo can do that. How do these rifles group when shot deliberately from a rest?
    Remember remember early December
    Coalition, treason and plot.
    I see no reason why coalition, treason
    Should ever be forgot...