Page 24 of 123 FirstFirst ... 41416171819202122232425262728293031323444 ... LastLast

Thread: ATRS Modern hunter specs, pics and range reports

GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post
    There are fliers and fliers. To have ideal set up and complete control on trigger and the rifle sends a shot away from the grouping is a flier in my vernacular.
    Many shooters know when they pull a shot off of point of aim, and some consider those to be fliers as well.
    It is important to know and realize there is a difference.
    The first is probably a rifle issue, the latter is 100% shooter issue. Both can mess up a decent group, the problem is that when posting a photo of a group knowing whether the "flier" is the former or latter.

On the weekend I finally got some trigger time in with my own MH, with hand loads it is showing promise but is not what i call stellar, so more work is required. I have 1 load that is doing .75 to 1.0 when I do my part, but I am now skeptical the 175 SMKs and Varget are what this particular rifle does best with, so more experimenting is in order.
    This (bolded)...
    Shooting for score wouldn't hurt, either. Getting 75/75 with 15 V at 900 m means good trigger control, position, breathing, wind reading, mirage reading, ammunition, and rifle, and no "fliers"... I've never done that. (I think my best was 73-6 - missed two points when the mirage changed - but I know people with 75-15). Or getting 100-10X at 100 or 300 yds or m would show that everything was "on" also...

The easiest and best way to find out the accuracy and potential of these rifles is do like the rest of us and shell out your money. Test it yourself then you can eliminate any of our excuses that you figure we are hiding from you. Seems rather simple to me. I'm not the greatest shooter and the gun out performs me. Only thing I would show on my groupings is that I'm not as good as I think I am. Hats off to ATRS love the gun, love shooting it great product thanks for producing a beautiful rifle in Canada that is not restricted and very accurate. I bought a Modern Hunter 308 with the carbon fiber barrel 18" in length.

Very well put STFU! For those of us who have actually put our money where our mouth is, then we have the right post and report, and it does seem odd to me that people who don't own one, or like me, are waiting for theirs to be built, seem to really enjoy bashing it?
    IMHO, that a small high end rifle builder right here in Alberta is building a brand new class of rifle, that no one can buy anywhere else, is amazing in itself, but to have that rifle be as accurate as almost any other AR rifle is doubly fantastic! Think about the risk a very small firm takes to bring this type of project to market, or even the resources and money invested thats needed to even consider making the prototype. A huge undertaking to be sure, and being self employed, I completely understand the risk they took.
    So even if another gun enthusiast doesn't like that style of gun, thinks it can't shoot as good as a high end bolt gun, or is not interested in a semi-custom made gas gun, I feel we should all be thankful that a true Canadian company has given us home grown choices, instead of being at the mercy of US companies and always waiting for importing, and jacked up fees.

CGN Regular
    Once you handle and shoot one, I don't think it's possible to bash it. Mine runs like a clock

I handled and looked very closely at the prototypes at the Edmonton Gun Show last December, and I was very impressed with the fit and feel of them. Can only imagine that the production rifles are even better. Very excited to get mine!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer orthoboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by redrams9 View Post
    I handled and looked very closely at the prototypes at the Edmonton Gun Show last December, and I was very impressed with the fit and feel of them. Can only imagine that the production rifles are even better. Very excited to get mine!
    You and me both!

Quote Originally Posted by redrams9 View Post
    Very well put STFU! For those of us who have actually put our money where our mouth is, then we have the right post and report, and it does seem odd to me that people who don't own one, or like me, are waiting for theirs to be built, seem to really enjoy bashing it?
    IMHO, that a small high end rifle builder right here in Alberta is building a brand new class of rifle, that no one can buy anywhere else, is amazing in itself, but to have that rifle be as accurate as almost any other AR rifle is doubly fantastic! Think about the risk a very small firm takes to bring this type of project to market, or even the resources and money invested thats needed to even consider making the prototype. A huge undertaking to be sure, and being self employed, I completely understand the risk they took.
    So even if another gun enthusiast doesn't like that style of gun, thinks it can't shoot as good as a high end bolt gun, or is not interested in a semi-custom made gas gun, I feel we should all be thankful that a true Canadian company has given us home grown choices, instead of being at the mercy of US companies and always waiting for importing, and jacked up fees.
    Completely agree, we must give credit where credit is due. I wish there were more Canadian products on the market.

The range reports are nice to see but once again there are far too many variables at play to blame the rifle. I've let other people shoot my half MOA rifle that is consistent and proven with them barely hitting paper. "It must be the rifle" they say. It couldn't be an unsteady hand or a poor operator.

I'd love to put on an order if I wasn't getting married and buying a house. Hopefully one day I'll have my 260 with proof barrel.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer polskiogorki's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtyw View Post
    Completely agree, we must give credit where credit is due. I wish there were more Canadian products on the market.

The range reports are nice to see but once again there are far too many variables at play to blame the rifle. I've let other people shoot my half MOA rifle that is consistent and proven with them barely hitting paper. "It must be the rifle" they say. It couldn't be an unsteady hand or a poor operator.

I'd love to put on an order if I wasn't getting married and buying a house. Hopefully one day I'll have my 260 with proof barrel.
    Buy it now,,, if she still marries you then you know she is the one !!!

CGN frequent flyer Bad Lieutenant's Avatar
    Ok, I have a question... (I just went through the whole thread, if I missed the answer, sue me... I tried)

How long would it take to get a Modern Hunter? If I ordered it today? (ballpark...)
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." - Dante Alighieri
    "This whole war could have been avoided. Cunnilingus and psychiatry brought us to this." - Tony Soprano

Last edited by 6MT; 02-26-2017 at 12:44 AM.