Page 82 of 123 FirstFirst ... 6272747576777879808182838485868788899092102 ... LastLast

Thread: ATRS Modern hunter specs, pics and range reports

BANNED
    So what butt stocks does everyone have? I have an A2 fixed but I'm thinking of getting something adjustable. Has anyone put a Troy battle ax on theirs or a magpul ACS?

Business Member Rep. ATRS Shaun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by play.soccer View Post
    So what butt stocks does everyone have? I have an A2 fixed but I'm thinking of getting something adjustable. Has anyone put a Troy battle ax on theirs or a magpul ACS?
    We put a magpul ACS on one in the shop to test it out, and the shortest collapsible position does not function with the side charge handle. The other 5 positions work fine. I can't imagine anyone running the stock in the fully collapsed position comfortably anyways, but that's a key reason it was not one of the offerings for the hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by carverk View Post
    I hope ATRS will add a short video on cleaning and oiling the MH and the MV for us guys that are new to this type of rifle
    We've had a few requests for this, so I will talk to Rick and see what we can do. Frankly I would like a newer and updated video in general for the Modern Hunter, and a video period, for the Modern Varmint. We are very busy trying to keep with our 6 month delivery schedule for Modern Hunters and Varmints.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer carverk's Avatar
    We've had a few requests for this, so I will talk to Rick and see what we can do. Frankly I would like a newer and updated video in general for the Modern Hunter, and a video period, for the Modern Varmint. We are very busy trying to keep with our 6 month delivery schedule for Modern Hunters and Varmints.[/QUOTE]

I know you guys are bissy I'm still Waiting Fore my 338 upper Haahaa just kidding I'm still in camp for two weeks or so it works out better for me not having to deal with it till I get home

Quote Originally Posted by ezkmo View Post
    Got to shoot mine for the first time. Didn't have much time, only shot 20 rounds of fed gold. It was flawless.
    Wife loved it as well.

That is a beauty rifle I think that's exactly what I would order, maybe with a cfw barrel. Looks nice and light weight, I'd be stoked to take it hunting!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ATRS Shaun View Post
    We put a magpul ACS on one in the shop to test it out, and the shortest collapsible position does not function with the side charge handle. The other 5 positions work fine. I can't imagine anyone running the stock in the fully collapsed position comfortably anyways, but that's a key reason it was not one of the offerings for the hunter.
    I assume this would apply for all other M4 style collapsible stocks that are a bit on the chunky side eh?
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

Business Member Rep. ATRS Shaun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by onetwentyish View Post
    I assume this would apply for all other M4 style collapsible stocks that are a bit on the chunky side eh?
    Of the stocks tested, the only one that we encountered zero-function with was the Magpul UBR because it extends differently, others have "limitations".

BANNED
    I don't shoot my AR15 with the stock fully collapsed so I can't see myself shooting the MH fully collapsed. I'm gonna try sticking a Troy Battle Ax on and see how it works out.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by play.soccer View Post
    I don't shoot my AR15 with the stock fully collapsed so I can't see myself shooting the MH fully collapsed. I'm gonna try sticking a Troy Battle Ax on and see how it works out.
    I think my MV build is calling for an B5 Sopmod Bravo...
    Last edited by onetwentyish; 02-11-2016 at 02:21 AM.
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

why some people was talking of some Gen 1 and gen 2 about Modern Hunter ?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Stormchaser's Avatar
    Could be the custom serial number on the first 75?